The Stonewater Cinema Build Thread - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 308Likes

post #1681 of 1693 Old 09-20-2016, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 996 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
don't hold ur breathe for denon or marantz. they dropped the wides this year.
Don't care about wides, only care about heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanPatterson View Post
I have not looked at it closely, just saw on their Facebook page after a search that said "Engineering director updating our sign with our #CEDIA2016 surprise announcement... 16 channels, baby! #ACT4"
I pulled it up...they changed their sign from 11.3 to 13.3 with a Sharpie. Without using the Dolby nomenclature it's hard to know exactly what channels they are processing...and if they are 'created' channels or truly discrete. Looks like they've put some good thought into the processor. I am a bit wary with a newer company to the preamp business as I've been burned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jim View Post
You are scaring me! The amp requirement for your system, which I'm fantasizing about, has got to spin the power meter. What do you pay for a kWh of power? In Ontario, we used have some of the cheapest power in NA, but the provincial Liberals have fixed that. The leader, Wynne has her head up her own anal orifice and has managed to get it up to 18 cents/kWh in the name of green energy!!! But the cow is now going to subsidize us with 8 cents/kWh (from who's pocket?). You got Trump. We got Wynne. I don't know who is worse off. We pay anywhere from 16 to 46 cents/kWh for the Wind power contracts that you in the States pay less than 3 cents for! Up to 83 cents for Solar. Those Liberals are tough bargainers. Good thing our health care is free!
Well, best not to get into politics, like a majority of people I don't hold much regard for the sincerity of politicians doing what's in the best interest of their constituency and see many of them as self-serving and colluding with one another to pass *their* agenda, but I digress.... Sorry to hear about your power prices. I guess it's easy for esoteric green technologies to be "competitive" when all other inexpensive power sources deemed unfriendly to the environment are heaped with expense and regulation until they are more expensive than clean energy solutions. SMH.

I'll probably automate a complete shut-down sequence for the system where the power is completely killed to all the components when not in use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1693 Old 09-22-2016, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It looks like I will finally have some time this weekend to post some more archived progress pictures. I had a bit of plane time to organize a few more 'buckets' of pics at various stages.

Sadly, I haven't spent one minute in the theater since July 16th when my wife's water broke. Having a second child is a whole new ballgame when it comes to available free time. Shame, because I am very close to shelling in. Hoping my in-laws step in to help with child watching over weekends so I can get back at it while our newest is still immobile and nursing.

I will also update my equipment list. It's amazing how much some things have changed. I guess I've had upgradeitis without even buying some of the intended equipment in the first place. Biggest changes are a native 4K projector vs. a $3000 or less 1080p, a Marantz 7702 MKII (or similar) for immediate Atmos processing vs. an inexpensive 7.1 processor, and the various 4K sources.

I also sold off my PS4 and pre-ordered a PS4.5. With a net difference of just $75 between sell price and purchase price, I couldn't be too worried about the lack of a UHD drive to get the increased performance and HDR capability for UHD streaming.

Last edited by TMcG; 09-22-2016 at 05:09 AM.
post #1683 of 1693 Old 09-22-2016, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
It looks like I will finally have some time this weekend to post some more archived progress pictures. I had a bit of plane time to organize a few more 'buckets' of pics at various stages.

Sadly, I haven't spent one minute in the theater since July 16th when my wife's water broke. Having a second child is a whole new ballgame when it comes to available free time. Shame, because I am very close to shelling in. Hoping my in-laws step in to help with child watching over weekends so I can get back at it while our newest is still immobile and nursing.

I will also update my equipment list. It's amazing how much some things have changed. I guess I've had upgradeitis without even buying some of the intended equipment in the first place. Biggest changes are a native 4K projector vs. a $3000 or less 1080p, a Marantz 7702 MKII (or similar) for immediate Atmos processing vs. an inexpensive 7.1 processor, and the various 4K sources.

I also sold off my PS4 and pre-ordered a PS4.5. With a net difference of just $75 between sell price and purchase price, I couldn't be too worried about the lack of a UHD drive to get the increased performance and HDR capability for UHD streaming.
nice. get some pics up! i should talk cause i haven't updated mine in a while also.

at least u are moving forward! time is impossible to find with 2 kids. every night there is something. soccer mon, dance tues, wed dance, thurs soccer or basketball soon, fri makeup games, sat games, sun somethign always comes up. sucks!

jim
post #1684 of 1693 Old 09-22-2016, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Congrats on the baby! I have just enough free time to mow the lawn and take a crap with just one kid (18 mo). I was hoping you'd say it gets easier with 2!
post #1685 of 1693 Old 09-26-2016, 03:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Congrats on the baby! I have just enough free time to mow the lawn and take a crap with just one kid (18 mo). I was hoping you'd say it gets easier with 2!

No Nick. Not at all. With 2 kids you have much less time, and when they reach high school, no matter how much money you make, you are at or near poverty level.
jimim and BrolicBeast like this.
post #1686 of 1693 Old 09-26-2016, 04:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Hahahahaha... Haha... Ha.

Our 2nd is 10 months now, and I have achieved literally nothing on the house since he was born. If I'm not feeding, changing, or playing with one of them, I'm either at work or asleep, it seems. With precious little of the latter.

Once the little guy hits about 18 months, and can entertain himself for a short while, I think it will calm down a bit. Until then, it's daddy duty! It is a pain, but worth every second when you get one of their big smiles.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
post #1687 of 1693 Old 09-26-2016, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
when they reach high school, no matter how much money you make, you are at or near poverty level.
Truth x 1000000000000000!
post #1688 of 1693 Old 09-26-2016, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
No Nick. Not at all. With 2 kids you have much less time, and when they reach high school, no matter how much money you make, you are at or near poverty level.
And with 3 kids in university you wish you were near the poverty level!

Winterfell theatre build - working title
post #1689 of 1693 Old 09-26-2016, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Bartley View Post
Hahahahaha... Haha... Ha.

Once the little guy hits about 18 months, and can entertain himself for a short while, I think it will calm down a bit. Until then, it's daddy duty! It is a pain, but worth every second when you get one of their big smiles.

And by the time they reach University age, you understand why some species eat their young. Just kidding...

Winterfell theatre build - working title
post #1690 of 1693 Old 09-27-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jim View Post
And by the time they reach University age, you understand why some species eat their young. Just kidding...
University? I'm about to have 2 kids in daycare and we're bracing for poverty. Lol
post #1691 of 1693 Old 09-27-2016, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Sadly, I haven't spent one minute in the theater since July 16th when my wife's water broke. Having a second child is a whole new ballgame when it comes to available free time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
time is impossible to find with 2 kids.
Quote:
I have just enough free time to mow the lawn and take a crap with just one kid (18 mo). I was hoping you'd say it gets easier with 2!
Quote:
With 2 kids you have much less time
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Bartley View Post
Our 2nd is 10 months now, and I have achieved literally nothing on the house since he was born. If I'm not feeding, changing, or playing with one of them, I'm either at work or asleep, it seems.
Yeah, about those build pictures....the free time I was promised this weekend completely went away at the whim of my wife. Never given the chance to work one second on the theater or anything else around the house. Hormones are my enemy right now....
post #1692 of 1693 Old 09-27-2016, 05:17 AM

Don't fight it! You will lose. Lol.

Things will eventually settle down again and you can get back to work. For now just build up as much goodwill as you can, whenever you can. 😉

TMcG likes this.
post #1693 of 1693 Old 09-27-2016, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Oh I second me that my life has become do what I need to build up pluses on my side so when I need something I got some coins in my pocket to use! It's kinda like when u were 8 and u did chores for ur parents so u could use it to ur advantage when u wanted something. Lol. Funny how life comes around that way. Lol

I have been trying to get out fishing for at least 4 weeks now and haven't gotten one chance. Saturday night I had the clear cause the kids and wife were out at a play date across the street. I went to load up the truck and the wind started. I was like wtf! Seriously who the heck did I tic off! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page