The Stonewater Cinema Build Thread - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 305Likes

post #1681 of 1684 Old 09-20-2016, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
don't hold ur breathe for denon or marantz. they dropped the wides this year.
Don't care about wides, only care about heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanPatterson View Post
I have not looked at it closely, just saw on their Facebook page after a search that said "Engineering director updating our sign with our #CEDIA2016 surprise announcement... 16 channels, baby! #ACT4"
I pulled it up...they changed their sign from 11.3 to 13.3 with a Sharpie. Without using the Dolby nomenclature it's hard to know exactly what channels they are processing...and if they are 'created' channels or truly discrete. Looks like they've put some good thought into the processor. I am a bit wary with a newer company to the preamp business as I've been burned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jim View Post
You are scaring me! The amp requirement for your system, which I'm fantasizing about, has got to spin the power meter. What do you pay for a kWh of power? In Ontario, we used have some of the cheapest power in NA, but the provincial Liberals have fixed that. The leader, Wynne has her head up her own anal orifice and has managed to get it up to 18 cents/kWh in the name of green energy!!! But the cow is now going to subsidize us with 8 cents/kWh (from who's pocket?). You got Trump. We got Wynne. I don't know who is worse off. We pay anywhere from 16 to 46 cents/kWh for the Wind power contracts that you in the States pay less than 3 cents for! Up to 83 cents for Solar. Those Liberals are tough bargainers. Good thing our health care is free!
Well, best not to get into politics, like a majority of people I don't hold much regard for the sincerity of politicians doing what's in the best interest of their constituency and see many of them as self-serving and colluding with one another to pass *their* agenda, but I digress.... Sorry to hear about your power prices. I guess it's easy for esoteric green technologies to be "competitive" when all other inexpensive power sources deemed unfriendly to the environment are heaped with expense and regulation until they are more expensive than clean energy solutions. SMH.

I'll probably automate a complete shut-down sequence for the system where the power is completely killed to all the components when not in use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1684 Old Today, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 781
It looks like I will finally have some time this weekend to post some more archived progress pictures. I had a bit of plane time to organize a few more 'buckets' of pics at various stages.

Sadly, I haven't spent one minute in the theater since July 16th when my wife's water broke. Having a second child is a whole new ballgame when it comes to available free time. Shame, because I am very close to shelling in. Hoping my in-laws step in to help with child watching over weekends so I can get back at it while our newest is still immobile and nursing.

I will also update my equipment list. It's amazing how much some things have changed. I guess I've had upgradeitis without even buying some of the intended equipment in the first place. Biggest changes are a native 4K projector vs. a $3000 or less 1080p, a Marantz 7702 MKII (or similar) for immediate Atmos processing vs. an inexpensive 7.1 processor, and the various 4K sources.

I also sold off my PS4 and pre-ordered a PS4.5. With a net difference of just $75 between sell price and purchase price, I couldn't be too worried about the lack of a UHD drive to get the increased performance and HDR capability for UHD streaming.

Last edited by TMcG; Today at 05:09 AM.
post #1683 of 1684 Old Today, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
It looks like I will finally have some time this weekend to post some more archived progress pictures. I had a bit of plane time to organize a few more 'buckets' of pics at various stages.

Sadly, I haven't spent one minute in the theater since July 16th when my wife's water broke. Having a second child is a whole new ballgame when it comes to available free time. Shame, because I am very close to shelling in. Hoping my in-laws step in to help with child watching over weekends so I can get back at it while our newest is still immobile and nursing.

I will also update my equipment list. It's amazing how much some things have changed. I guess I've had upgradeitis without even buying some of the intended equipment in the first place. Biggest changes are a native 4K projector vs. a $3000 or less 1080p, a Marantz 7702 MKII (or similar) for immediate Atmos processing vs. an inexpensive 7.1 processor, and the various 4K sources.

I also sold off my PS4 and pre-ordered a PS4.5. With a net difference of just $75 between sell price and purchase price, I couldn't be too worried about the lack of a UHD drive to get the increased performance and HDR capability for UHD streaming.
nice. get some pics up! i should talk cause i haven't updated mine in a while also.

at least u are moving forward! time is impossible to find with 2 kids. every night there is something. soccer mon, dance tues, wed dance, thurs soccer or basketball soon, fri makeup games, sat games, sun somethign always comes up. sucks!

jim
post #1684 of 1684 Old Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Congrats on the baby! I have just enough free time to mow the lawn and take a crap with just one kid (18 mo). I was hoping you'd say it gets easier with 2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction