The Stonewater Cinema Build Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 418Likes

post #1861 of 1862 Old Today, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked: 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3bham View Post
I've been lurking for a few days. Read through all of the 1800+ posts word by word - who needs to work? When I started I was looking for a thread to read and assumed this one was long enough to have a finished product but now I'm glad to be around for the live finish. Just awesome work TMcG. I'm a woodworker so definitely intrigued by the veneer and woodwork you'll be adding. Ribbon Mahogany is always beautiful. And you've now moved me towards building my own. And dreaming of Procella. I've been a Home Theater enthusiast since I was 18 (40 now) and recently had my whole system fried by lightning. Luckily a secondhand Denon purchased from a friend turned out to be of such a level that I was able to get the insurance company to replace it with the top of the line Denon. I don't have anything like the equipment shown around here but I'm at least Atmos friendly now. Thanks for keeping the posting up and count me as one of those who love the little details - the framing, rerouting of mechanicals and especially your endless quest for soundproofing. I'm subscribed and looking forward to seeing the finish.
Thanks for the kind words and I'm honored to be your very first post! Welcome to the Forum (and my thread). Like most, I'm sure at some point you were wondering why there were long pauses between progress as I figured out if I was going to relocate or have a job at all during 3.5 years of straight reorg. Glad that's behind me and glad to be moving forward again. You came in at just the right time.

The room is just sitting there, waiting for the last few minor tasks to be complete before drywalling the walls. I really can't wait to get this part of the shell complete. It will feel like a giant check mark on my road to theater completion, not to mention a huge bulk of building materials permanently out of my way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1862 Old Today, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
Thanks for the kind words and I'm honored to be your very first post! Welcome to the Forum (and my thread). Like most, I'm sure at some point you were wondering why there were long pauses between progress as I figured out if I was going to relocate or have a job at all during 3.5 years of straight reorg. Glad that's behind me and glad to be moving forward again. You came in at just the right time.

The room is just sitting there, waiting for the last few minor tasks to be complete before drywalling the walls. I really can't wait to get this part of the shell complete. It will feel like a giant check mark on my road to theater completion, not to mention a huge bulk of building materials permanently out of my way!
Thanks for the response. Well, I was kind of spared the waiting game while you figured everything out due to my reading from the start over the last few days. But I've really enjoyed it. I am meticulous by nature on building things so am very much on your side with all the unprogress/progress moves you've made. As I got to the point where you were making the decision whether to pull down all the framing or not I kept thinking DO IT! And I am certain the final product will be the better for it. Those Procella speakers are what dreams are made of. I used to lust after a Goldmund theater but now after reading so much about Procella they have become my ultimate target. I think with the work you've put in and the equipment you have you are going to end up with one of if not the best personal theaters in the country and I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Keep up the good work!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page