12-21-2012, 09:16 AM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. Long time reader here. I am looking at utilizing the following "L" shaped space for a new home theater / media room. The space will mainly be used for watching television and movies, but it doesn't have to be a dedicated dark theater:
- I am ok with putting up a wall partition if needed to create a rectangular room.
- I am willing to cover the windows if necessary, but would rather not unless absolutely necessary.
- I do not want to remove any walls, but I am okay with closing up one of the doorways.
- I am ok with using a 90" Sharp TV as opposed to a projector and screen (especially if it fits the room and seating area better). This would make the need to completely darken the room unnecessary, and easier for the kids to use.
- I would like to utilize at least one platform for seating. I am likely to use a couch on the platform as opposed to dedicated theater seating. I would therefore like at least two rows of seating.
- I am still open to keeping the room "open" and utilizing the unused section for a bar or air hockey table or something to that extent.
What do you guys think of the space? How would you utilize it? Or is it too small?
Thanks for any help and suggestions!