Start of the theatre room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Here is what my theatre room is starting to look like. The area for my theatre is 11'4" by 16'. The whole length of the room is about 31' and has two small walls to separate the theatre area from the bar area. Won't be doing flooring for a while, so gonna use those connect a matts in black and white. Ceiling has Roxul safe n sound to help reduce the reduce the noise to upstairs. Putting up wall dimmable wall sconces to help with the lighting effect.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-10-2013, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looking good. My theater is about the same width. What are your plans for seating?

__________________________________________________ ______

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-10-2013, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Just having a sectional in there, the unfortunate part is the sectional is just over 10' in length, so that is not the best seating arrangement for this, but it is comfy. There won't be more then 6 people in watching a movie at a time anyway, so not a big deal.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Welcome to the HT madness. What is your plan, PJ, TV, 5,1, 7.1, etc. etc???? You know this can easily spiral out of control right? Especially since you are here.

Regards,

RTROSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

Welcome to the HT madness. What is your plan, PJ, TV, 5,1, 7.1, etc. etc???? You know this can easily spiral out of control right? Especially since you are here.

Regards,

RTROSE

Have a 55" flat screen from my old place, and just upgraded my receiver and speakers to Onkyo tx-nr3010, with paradigm monitor 9s, center 3, surround 3 & 1, and DSP3200. Not finishing the floor, so using black and white connectable mats to not only help with the reflection of sound, but provide some level of comfort on the feet. My wife won't let me spiral out of control, the room size is not overly large. As it nears completion I will take some more snap shots.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone able to give an idea of how high to mount the tv? Standard 8' wall. Before the room was painted, I had the top of the tv just below the top of the wall outlet for the screen.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page