Hi People, after 10 years or so out in the wilderness without any form of Home Theatre I'm returning to the flock and building a new home that incorporates a dedicated Home Theatre. What I've realised by reading over AVS over the last month is that things have changed a lot in the last decade and I need some good advice before I commit to to much more.
In terms of what I'm working with I will have a 4.54m x 4.12m x 3m (about 15' x 13.5' x 9') room, I'll have a flush mounted rack in one of the longer walls that will be accessed from behind via a cupboard in the garage. The entry into the room will be via a door on the other long wall.
In terms of the fit out what I imagine is a 4 seat leather lounge (one with reclining and drink holders) along the back wall and a fixed projection screen on the opposite wall. The projector will be mounted on a ceiling bracket. I may down the track want to add another row of seating.
My equipment wish list is something like this at the moment:
- Optoma HD33 projector
- Denon 3313 or Yamaha A2020 reciever
- Speakers - undecided but leaning towards Dali Concepts
My questions for the forum members are:
- based on room size should I go 5.1, 7.1, 7.2 or something else? The local audio stores are all pushing 7.2 but I'm not sure in a smallish room if I'm going to get any channel separation?
- I'm thinking in that room a 110" 16:9 screen is probably appropriate. Comments?
- any opinions on whether I should go Bookshelves or in-walls for the surrounds in this room?
Thanks in advance for any feedback you might be able to give.