Originally Posted by LIsound
can you help me to decide on the following
1. where can I get good deal on JBL, Pardigm speakers.(around $ 3000)
2. Which 3D projector is better in the price range of $ 2500,( Thinking of JVC, Sony, EPSON and panasonic)
3. Any suggestion for Screen . Fixed Screen, Motorized Retracting Screen. Any one made projector Screen using Paint
4. Any suggestion is for AV receiver ( Sony,Denon, onkyo- $ less than 700)
5. good place to get home theater decoration items ( like side wall lights, roof light (my kids will like star lights ) and acoustic boards and pictures on the wall.
thanks in advance for your input and suggustions.
1. That will take some searching on your part. Those are two mainstream products, so there should be plenty of info out there.
2. Too subjective to get a definitive answer. You will get opinions from various owners of each one that the one they own is the best there is in that range. If you are fortunate enough to have dealers of those brands in your area, try to view some demos on them. The one that looks best to your eye will probably be the best choice for you.
3. Again this comes down to personal preference. With your room size, I would suggest an acoustically transparent screen. That way you can hide the speakers behind it. Aspect ratio is another thing to consider. 2.35:1 (scope) or 16:9 (HDTV). Will depend on your viewing habits and can also affect your projector choice.
4. There are good ones out there in that $ range, and like 2 & 3 above is very subjective. It would be a good idea to audition a couple different receivers and choose the one you like best. Depending on how complex you are going to get with your setup, you may also want to consider a separate amplifier for some of the speakers. That is also something that can be added later if you get an AVR with pre-outs.
5. Many places both online and retail. Again, google is your friend here.
I would suggest that you focus your efforts on the room first, and the components second. It is good to have an idea of what you want to have in the room for equipment. However, depending on the design and layout of your room, you may make different choices for some of that equipment. Plus, equipment can always be upgraded later, where it is extremely difficult and expensive to change the room once constructed. A few questions to consider:
What are your sound proofing goals?
How many people will typically be using the theater?
What are your HVAC needs (hot climate vs cold climate vs both)?
What are the living areas surrounding and/or above the theater area?
It would be helpful if you could post a picture/layout of the proposed space. Most of us here work better with visuals
Also, spend some time researching and reading on the forum. Lots of great information on here.
EDIT: Also, your budget number. Is that just for the equipment, or is that for the entire project?