Searching for Design - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Everyone,

I just want to start off by saying I'm enjoying the builds that are going on in this thread. It is amazing to see all the builds.

With that said, I'm going to be building a new house starting this spring and I will definitely be putting in a HT room in the basement. Unlike a lot of these builds I am looking for a design that is more built around entertaining a group a people as well as having a room to watch movies as well. By entertaining I mean that it needs a bar area and some ample seating. I like to host a lot of get togethers for sporting events, etc...and us guys like to sit around and shake dice, drink beer and so on while we watch the game. I think most know what I mean. I understand that it may not turn out to be a true "HT" room but I'd like to kill a couple birds with one stone.

As of right now I don't have any measurements or a budget in place, but I would like to get the ball rolling with some research and look at some different designs that maybe other people did. I'm sure there may be a build in the forums like this and I just haven't found it yet. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Wares
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-15-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Look at the whole forum one down from here - "General Home Theater & Media Rooms". That's where the non-dedicated spaces get discussed. You'll see a ton of examples there of exactly what you're talking about.

Since you're starting from scratch, one caution: Make sure you figure out how and who will use this space. The difference between a dedicated theater / media room and a more plan with bar, pool/game/poker table, etc. is the ability to have two activities going on at once. Well, really, have a movie playing plus "anything else". If you want to play pool with the guys while others are watching a movie, that won't work in an open plan. But having the open space is great for watching sports, etc. So there's trade-offs, and you should give a lot of thought to how you and your family will use the finished space.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page