Anyone used db-4looring? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, this is my first post.

I have recently started a home theater build. My theater is upstairs above a downstairs living space. I have been searching around trying to find the most economical (i.e. cheap) way to add sound proofing to the floor and walls. I have read many of the proven methods, but most require quite of bit of labor and/or expense. I was curious if anyone had used these products from United Plastics? They sell them through Home Depot .com. The db-4looring looks like a nice solution for the money, ($75 for 4x25') but they don't talk specifics about any sound level reductions on their site. Just up to 75% reduction. Wanted to see if anyone had any personal experiences with the products here?

http://soundproofmyproject.com/

Thanks for your help and I really enjoy seeing eveyone's build. It really gets me motivated.

Jamie McShan
Dripping Springs, Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 533
The experienced here are doubtful but you are welcome to experiment with your money. If it doesn't work out you can always rip it out and use the proven methods.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, I am waiting on a quote for Serenity Mat from the Sound Proofing Company. They seem to be the most respected and trusted here on the boards. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Jamie
post #4 of 4 Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Welcome Jamie. I think you will find a huge amount of useful information here on the forum.

You're correct - Ted and John at the Soundproofing Company are the go-to guys here. They have great pricing - but more importantly, they have the background and experience to go with it and will help you set and attain realistic goals within whatever your budget may be.

I haven't looked at the product you mentioned from HD.com, but it sounds like it's lacking independent test lab data. If that's the case, I would be very, very leery of it. The absence of that data is usually a telling sign and "75% reduction" rarely means much. I believe that the Soundproofing Company has independent data on nearly everything it sells.

Doing it the right way may cost a bit more today, but you'll be happy you did it down the road...

The Esquire Theater Construction Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1289590
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page