easy to open blackout window treatments - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We have a dedicated theater - the windows currently have fitted insulated panels which block light and reduce heat and i have black curtains to block the panels. i am wanting to remove the curtains and panels and install something that will give me the ability to easily open and close to let light in when i want it and to black out the light when i dont - any suggestions? i have seen roman shades but not much else that would serve my purpose. and for reference this will need to cover 3 windows that run together side by side. i would prefer something that my kids could open without issue and is not electronic to keep costs down.

thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM

I suggest opaque honeycomb cellular shades like those from Hunter Douglas. You could get them cordless, which is not much more. They have a small headrail so three could butt together easily. They also will work vertically if you wanted to go that route.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 03:18 PM

I second that notion. I am currently using a dark brown cellular shade I got from Lowes, I think, and it does a bang-up job of blocking the light. It is cordless as well.

It's toe-tappingly tragic!
post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hunter Douglas also makes a honeycomb-type shade designed for overhead or skylight windows. It has a track on the sides that helps contain any light leakage. I used them in skylights in my last theater, and they worked great. http://www.hunterdouglas.com/product-option.jsp?id=23

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page