So, like many folks, I have watched and drooled over a lot of Theater Rooms I have seen on here as well as houses that the wife and I toured. The problem lies is cost, and very little know how as far as wiring etc. But, the wife finally gave me the green light to turn out 12x14 office into a theater room and move the office to an unused bedroom. I had images of a nice movie theater in my house and she had some doubts. By the end of this, she was amazed at what we did and for the cost. I am posting this here more for those that "wish they could" but don't. This is by no means as epic as some of the theater builds I have seen. This is a budget, small theater room that fits 5 very comfortably and gets the job done. What job? The job of having a movie theater in your home.
So to start, Let me tell you the Hardware:
- Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR818
- Projector: JVC RS46
- Screen: Monoprice 120" Multi-Aspect
- HTD Level 3 5.1 Speaker system
- Impact Acoustics Infrared Remote Control Repeater Kit
- Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-Ray Player
- Sony PS3
- Logitech Harmony Touch
- Lutron IR Dimming Light Switch
Step 1: Remove the old bedroom and put the office in there:
^The wifes old bedroom set in the guestroom^
Step 2: Paint the Theater Room
* I went with black on the viewing wall and ceiling and a flat suede grey on the other walls. (Can't believe the wife let me put black on the walls!)*note: All pictures taken by amateur (obviously) with a crappy Iphone that doesn't do justice to real life look.