Demo Home Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 02-17-2013, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just thought I would post a few pictures of my latest home theater design project. Although I have installed home theaters before, this is the first one I have built for myself. I learned a great deal during this project and all of the work was done by myself, my father and a few friends helping out with the heavy lifting. Here are the details:

Room Dimensions: 27L x 17W x 10.5H
United Leather Theater Seating x9
SMX 174" 2.37:1 ProCurv Screen to be replaced by Seymour or Stewart constant height masking screen soon.
JVC RS-65U Projector
Isco II Lens - To be replaced by Isco III and Cineslide soon
Denon AVR-4311ci being used as a preamp to be replaced by a Datasat RS20i
Parasound New Classic 250x5 and 250x2 THX Amplifiers which run at 400x5 and 400x2 respectively on the 4 ohm Triads.
Triad Platinum LCRs x3 / Triad Gold In-Wall Surrounds x4 / Triad Gold DSP Subwoofers x2 (Speakers are for sale in the Marketplace and will be replaced by ADAM Audio GTC series and Genelec or Seaton subwoofers as soon as they are sold.)
Sony BDP-S590 Blu-ray Player
DirecTV HR-24 DVR
Apple TV
Crestron MC2E Control Processor
Crestron CLS-C6B Lighting Controller
Crestron TPS-6X RF Touch Panel

The columns are 3/4 MDF laminated with mahogany veneer.
The crown molding and baseboard are solid mahagony.
The squares inside of the coffered ceiling are acoustical panels with 1" OC703 board behind GOM fabric.
The wall acoustical panels are framed with MDF and have 1" OC703 and GOM fabric. The trim is mahogany.
The carpet is Kane.

There will eventually be sconces on the columns.
I apologize for the poor quality of the images..I will try to take better ones when I have a chance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-17-2013, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
It's a handsome room. Did you do the Crestron programming also?
post #3 of 7 Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Yes I programmed the system as well. Most of my systems are Crestron based. I own an audio/video integration business called Entertainment Solutions in Lexington, KY. This is the theater in our showroom. I have been designing, installing and programming audio/video systems since 1999.
post #4 of 7 Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Have some pictures of those Plats?

post #5 of 7 Old 02-17-2013, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

I don't have any pictures of the speakers but I can tell you that the screen wall is a false wall with MDF recessed cavities framed into the wall for the front three speakers and two subwoofers that put them behind the screen. The surround speakers are hidden by the side and rear acoustical panels. If someone is really interested in the speakers which are currently for sale in the marketplace, I would have to unbox them and take pictures. I plan to replace them with Adam Audio GTC88s up front, GTC55s for surrounds and either Genelec or Seaton subwoofers. I found the first photo in the speakers section...the front three speakers I have look just like these of course:

The surrounds look like this:

post #6 of 7 Old 02-18-2013, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

I know what plats look like, just was curious to see a picture of them behind your false wall.

Thanks though!

Why are you switching?

post #7 of 7 Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

To be honest, the Triads are among the best sounding speakers that I have ever heard in a theater environment. The $36,000 price tag for 7.2 is a little above the market in my area. My competitors are regularly quoting complete home theater packages in the $10-15K range and the highest speaker package I've seen on a competitive quote in the last five years was a set of B&Ws at around $10K. I need something a little more geared toward the market that I am in. Perhaps the Triad Golds or ADAM Audio GTC Series which are amazing for the $.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page