Liked: 10
Creating new Theater Room confused:eek:

19' x 19' with 8.4' ceilings
2 rows seating
1st row 6 seats ground level
2nd row , on 9"elevated platform of 4 seats
....NO SCREEN YET
OPTOMA HD33 ceiling mounted

3 windows and 1 open doorway in the room will be covered with blackout curtains etc.
Walls are light brown (might paint), ceiling white with light brown wood floors.

Room will be complete with theatrical lighting...LED RGB'S hidden in tray ceiling, stage and platform etc

Here are my concerns:

Looking to see how large can I go with the picture and not loose too much quality.

What are the disadvantages of shooting on the wall vs a screen.

If a screen is a must any suggestions , grey, white, gain etc??????

Thanks,biggrin.gif:D:D
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to see how large can I go with the picture and not loose too much quality.- Up to 300" according to the HD33 maual. (thats insane) It also depends on your room size. You could build a custom screen out of blackout cloth any size you like. I don't know your budget but this would be pretty cheap to do and they work great.

What are the disadvantages of shooting on the wall vs a screen.- Paint on screens are fine but if you want to hide your speakers, build a false wall and hang a screen on it. Put your speakers behind that.

If a screen is a must any suggestions , grey, white, gain etc??????-Again depends. How big is your room, how dark is your room? If you can get it super dark, go for a white screen. If you like your blacks Really black, go with a grey screen. Even if you do go the blackout cloth route, it is paintable as well. Just search blackout cloth screens on google for more ideas. Check out some screen size calculators as well....good luck!