So this is my very first post on this site. I have been lurking around for a few months now and I just couldn't resist any longer. I spent a week reading through every post on Sandman's theater and got very inspired.
I am at the beginning stages of building a brand new dedicated home theater in my basement. I am combining this build with finishing my basement as well. The entire basement will have a new bedroom, a bathroom, an open area "game room" with a kitchenette, and of course the dedicated theater.
My theater will be 21' x 15' x 10'.
After reading about all of your theaters and seeing the creativity, I am going for it.
Here is what I plan to have in my 7.2 theater.
- Acoustically Transparent screen (I am open to manufacturer suggestions)
- Commercial grade "Projection Design" LED projector Model: FL35
- Stage platform
- One level of seating risers
- Sonance inwall Cinema LCR1 speakers
- Sonance inwall Cinema SUR1 speakers
- Sonance SUB 10-250 with enclosures (Quantity 2)
- Crown XLS1000's (Quantity 4)
- Starfield ceiling
- AMX Controlled
- AMX "Clear Connect" lighting system
- Chairs (unknown right now)
I will mostly be working on this on the weekends. (I do have a full time job to pay for this)
I included a couple of pictures of the framing I have gotten done so far as well as a floorplan.
I look forward to meeting all of you.