I put my movie theater in my Bedroom lol - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I just completed a huge project of making a movie theater in my bedroom. It took about 9 months to complete. Everyone was trying to talk me out of putting it in my bedroom, but I am so happy that I decided to do that! I am getting way more use out of it! I have a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, Direct TV, and a PC all hooked up to it. You can see all the construction pictures and the prices for everything I paid for here on the movie theater bedroom page I wrote.

Now my question is for you guys. If you had this choice, would you do the same thing? By putting it in your bedroom? Or would you put it somewhere else in the house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 05:04 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 631
With what you spent, I would have put it somewhere else where I could entertain my friends. If you are into a swinging lifestyle then this is perfect. IMHO Your comments about acoustically transparent screens are off base, SMX and Seymour woven screens perform wonderfully in a Home Theater.

JEFF PARKINSON

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 AM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 59
WOW you packed a lot into that bedroom. I think would have put it somewhere else i am looking forward to entertaining friends in my space i think i would feel funny invited friends into the bedroom to check out my home theater..
but to each is own it is very nice Love the fish tank smile.gif

Falcon Screens

post #4 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
looks cozy to me. i did the opposite and put a mattress in my theater smile.gif I originally put the mattress to fit in the corner of my L-shaped sectional to store temporarily. it was so comfortable that I never ended up taking it out. People love it.

post #5 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17

Interesting, I am just trying to wrap my brain around 8500.00 in track lighting?

post #6 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 100
I wouldn't want to invite family and friends over to hang out in my bedroom. Nor would I feel comfortable hanging out in someone else's bedroom. That being said, if you did this for you and don't really plan on having guests over, you've got a pretty cool space. Sounds like you are enjoying it and that's all that matters.

How are the acoustics when you are sitting in bed? Seems like the speakers might be a little too low.

As others have mentioned, I'd recommend finding another electrician. That track lighting number seems outrageous. The fish tank/cabinet number seems pretty high too.

Spaceman Theater Build

post #7 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezit73 View Post

Interesting, I am just trying to wrap my brain around 8500.00 in track lighting?

not to mention 9,000 for a fishtank and it appears to be a freshwater tank ... 180 tank are less 1000 so 8000 in cabinets and filtration sound very very high

Falcon Screens

post #8 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Pretty cool. I would have taken more of the budget and spent it on audio/video gear and less on lighting/fish, but hey, that's just me.
post #9 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Nice space. I'm sure you're enjoying every it day!

post #10 of 14 Old 03-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Seems kind of odd to me now. In my younger, single days I could see how smoking a jibber, and watching a movie and the fish tank would be kind of cool though.

post #11 of 14 Old 03-19-2013, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

How are the acoustics when you are sitting in bed? Seems like the speakers might be a little too low.

The room sounds amazing, I can visibly see all the speakers from anywhere I sit at in the room. The acoustic sound resistant walls really help a lot too. And I dont mind when people come in and watch a movie, the only thing that does bother me is when it actually comes time for me to sleep, then I just kick everyone out, all my personal belongings are in a totally different room, so it almost doesn't even feel like a bedroom at times.
post #12 of 14 Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 34
As long as you enjoy it and it works for you that’s all that really matters. That is about 5x my budget so I can just imagine what I could have accomplished with that.

(flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

post #13 of 14 Old 03-19-2013, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
For those that are wondering about the tank $$$$. Each hobby has its high and low end gear. Just as you could get HTIB speakers vrs audiophile speakers a Sapphire tank is the ultimate in viewing clarity for the aquarium hobby and you pay for that quality. The real question is why isn’t that a salt water tank? Where is Dori and Nemo?!

OP congrats on your room the important thing is that you love it.

FWIW Big is spot on about the quality of acoustic transparent screens these days.

post #14 of 14 Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittletank View Post

For those that are wondering about the tank $$$$. Each hobby has its high and low end gear. Just as you could get HTIB speakers vrs audiophile speakers a Sapphire tank is the ultimate in viewing clarity for the aquarium hobby and you pay for that quality. The real question is why isn’t that a salt water tank? Where is Dori and Nemo?!

I chose to use a freshwater aquarium because I knew I was going to be maintaining it, and I have no previous experience maintaining fish tanks, so I had to learn. And everyone told me (as a newbie) to learn freshwater first, before I moved to salt water. So I will probably continue to use freshwater (as I am still learning about it), then later on I will probably switch to salt water.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page