Projector surge protection - what do you use? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've seen some surge protection outlets/receptacles at lowes/HD for about $34/$35. Any one think ghey are sufficient to protect the projector? It's going to be ceiling mounted so this option is convenient. I'm going to put an outlet/receptacle behind the projector anyways.

Thoughts and idea's welcome....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
This is what I'm using. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DFZ2U/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

~ Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

)

post #3 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 08:30 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 613
I use a UPS in another room for my projector. Having a battery allows for a fan powered cool down in the event of a power failure and they usually have built in surge protection.

PROJECTS:

post #4 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

I use a UPS in another room for my projector. Having a battery allows for an fan powered cool down in the event of a power failure and they usually have built in surge protection.
Hmmm.... Good idea! I think I'll get a small UPS for the projector too.

Quick question, actually this always bother me..... What's the difference of a UPS vs one of those Panamax (A/V) conditioner?? rolleyes.gif Isn't using a UPS with backup power supplies better to just a surge protector/power conditioner like a Panamax?

~ Gary

)

post #5 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Unfortunately there is no other room and my normal surge protector is further away But I like the idea!
My emotiva Has a surge protector built-in and the folks over there say don't plug it into another surge protector..... I don't remember reading that the JVC46 projector I have has one, anyone know?

post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 06:17 AM

Liked: 10
I use a power bridge back to my apc ups in my equipment rack. Just as easy as fishing romex
post #7 of 7 Old 03-12-2013, 06:36 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by patela2oh View Post

I use a power bridge back to my apc ups in my equipment rack. Just as easy as fishing romex

This is also what I did. Panamax kit just extends the power to where my good surge protector for all my gear actually is. Eventually will get a UPS w/ voltage regulation.

AppleMark
AppleMark

AppleMark

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page