Trying to find half globe art deco sconce that I saw in a build thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been driving my self nuts trying to find it. It is a half globe with either chrome or stainless around the front. Kind of reminds me of the Van Halen 5150 album cover. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnymenudo View Post

I have been driving my self nuts trying to find it. It is a half globe with either chrome or stainless around the front. Kind of reminds me of the Van Halen 5150 album cover. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be great.

Try TMcG's "Stonewater Theater Build".. Lot's of art deco stuff.

If you can't find it there, I would try looking through some of the "show me" threads to see if you can find it.

ICC Certified.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
||

post #3 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 08:56 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 608
bunch of half round sconces with metal bling here:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/sconces/type_ada/

PROJECTS:

post #4 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 12:26 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 608

Oh, half globes, I actually have those in my theater.

search for the Leonardo sconce.

Just a FYI, be sure to check the glass for rattles, I had to put some clear silicon glue inside mine.

PROJECTS:

post #5 of 6 Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
AnalysisParalysis Analyst

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 289
I thought these were really cool, but they better be for $850 per pair...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exceptionnal-Pair-Art-Deco-Sconces-Machine-Age-Louvered-Skyscraper-SCONCES-40s-/251241738544?pt=Architectural_Garden&hash=item3a7f2cb130

post #6 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Oh, half globes, I actually have those in my theater.

search for the Leonardo sconce.

Just a FYI, be sure to check the glass for rattles, I had to put some clear silicon glue inside mine.

Thanks. They were similar to this, but narrower, and more glass / less metal on top. I have google imaged and searched the forum for hours. This is a great plan B if I can't find them. Thank you.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page