Need Help w/ Projector Mounting - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all,

I'm living in a newly constructed house. We had speakers installed in the walls upon construction for a future home theater set up, and now it's time for the projector!

Sadly, there are a few details I missed during the construction phase that I need help with, and the basement is finished - drywall, paint, carpet - everything. And I'm trying to avoid de-construction.

1.) My audio jacks are in the front of the room (where the projector will be), so my receiver is relegated to the front of the room now.

2.) What is the best way to run my HDMI from the back of the room to my receiver in the front? (I'm really looking to avoid raceways if possible.)

3.) I forgot to have them put an electrical socket in the ceiling for the projector, so I was just going to have it in the very rear of the room, but does anyone have a better solution so that I could ceiling mount?

I think that's it for now. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Thanks!
Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 09:48 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 735
You need to think of running wires as laparoscopic surgery. Smalls holes and you poke around a bit, then patch the holes. The more skilled you are the smaller the holes. If you aren't up to it hire someone. IMHO every homeowner needs to know how to do drywall repair and paint touch up. Good news is the house is new the paint hasn't faded you should be able to blend in any repairs easily.

There are wireless HDMI connectors but the reviews have been somewhat mixed as to whether they work well, in your case one room and direct line of sight they might be a solution for your HDMI video connection to the projector. Then you just need an outlet and any electrician can hook you up it you don't want to DIY.
Spango likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. I think I have a snag though. My audio set up (which obviously dictates where the screen needs to be) is running adjacent to the joists in my basement. Any recommendations on how to fish the HDMI through?
post #4 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It's kind of a raceway, but have you considered putting it behind some sort of molding, crown or otherwise?

__________________________________________________ ______

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415464/aa...sement-theater
post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spango View Post

Thanks for the advice. I think I have a snag though. My audio set up (which obviously dictates where the screen needs to be) is running adjacent to the joists in my basement. Any recommendations on how to fish the HDMI through?

Go Wireless or the crown molding route. You pick

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8087&CAWELAID=1329456162&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CNP1nsXv9bUCFY-iPAodnw4AGA
post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help guys. I think raceway will be my course of action! Damn hindsight! Should have had a conduit run!
post #7 of 7 Old 03-11-2013, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Good choice!

Raceways : Cheap - Easy - Quick. How can you go wrong? Plus, you can paint 'em to match the room perfectly.

You can get that kind that adds on to the molding you already have, or even get the replacement molding that is itself a raceway.
There's LOTS of raceway options, just look around before you buy, then look around some more, because I've seen prices
vary WIDELY for the same exact product.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page