Beam and Pole interruptus NOT - BIGmouthinDC and NYGiantsFan23 launch - The Rawlinsway Theater - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #811 of 819 Old 08-10-2014, 06:32 AM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
where did you get the cleats for your screen? How many did you use and how long were they?
We supplied it with his screen , we used to supply one 60" heavy duty bracket but in this install was cut it into two equal pieces, we now ship all screens with two 18" heavy duty cleats.
We buy them in bulk but i think similar ones can be purchased at Home Depot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Falcon Screens

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 819 Old 08-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
We supplied it with his screen , we used to supply one 60" heavy duty bracket but in this install was cut it into two equal pieces, we now ship all screens with two 18" heavy duty cleats.
We buy them in bulk but i think similar ones can be purchased at Home Depot.
Thanks Snickers.

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen

post #813 of 819 Old 08-11-2014, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Thanks for responding for me Snickers.
post #814 of 819 Old 09-27-2014, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Since the onsite work is on hold pending completion of the crapper I've started putting NYGF23's speakers together. Having a crapper in the basement will certainly accelerate our progress.

A little about the Kit selected for the surrounds.

They pack a lot of muscle in a small package, Here is the Kit Pic from DIYSoundGroup.com

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/wavegui...lpha8-kit.html (play the video)

some shots of the assembly process of the speaker boxes. The basic box is 1/2 inch Baltic Birch cut on a CNC machine with very close tolerances.

The boxes are all glued, time to look at the crossovers.

First I got everything organized, inventoried and labeled

Then I started to figure out how to lay these things out for assembly

Hey Jeff - The link to this set doesn't work anymore (Discontinued Model?) Just wondered if you know what would be the current equivalent or if you have built any of the newer kits lately?

post #815 of 819 Old 09-27-2014, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632
The designer wasn't sure why they aren't on the site when I Emailed him. He thought they might reappear, you should contact Eric owner of the site for updated info.

JEFF PARKINSON

PROJECTS:
post #816 of 819 Old 09-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
The designer wasn't sure why they aren't on the site when I Emailed him. He thought they might reappear, you should contact Eric owner of the site for updated info.
The Alchemy's are on the site. I think they are on par with the ones posted.

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen

post #817 of 819 Old 09-29-2014, 08:24 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Coming late to the party here but gotta say... Holy moses I love this theater. Not only does it look GREAT finished but its the 'chrome motor parts' that really make this build special. BIG's attention to detail and design are amazing. With similar dimensions in my build, you have given me a TON of inspiration. I love the classic looks with the moulding and trim. Very nice. THANK YOU for sharing you your build with us NYGIANTSFAN23!

post #818 of 819 Old 09-29-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 20
Hi Jeff, do you have any close up pictures of the finished projector cable port and outlet? How do you finish the gray pipe coming through the drywall? Is it just left as is? I tried looking at the finished pictures but, they are to far away or hidden by the beam.
post #819 of 819 Old 09-29-2014, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632

Midlite makes single gang and double, pick your size depending on how big a hole you need to hide and just screw it to the drywall with drywall screws.
Tom Bley and granroth like this.

JEFF PARKINSON

PROJECTS:
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page