[Punchlist below edited to take into account feedback from thread.]
To the punch list question, I found some threads here where people have done similar work and cribbed from them. So here's my first take on the work that would need to be done and the stages it would occur in. Appreciate feedback, as I imagine giving a version of this to contractors so the scope is very clear when they bid.
All contractor work unless otherwise stated.
Projects laid out in estimated correct work order.
• Frame HT walls facing foundation with 2x4 studs, build one inch shy of required wall height. Attach the top plate of walls with IB3 clips. Used staggered stud walls for sides adjoining living spaces.
• Frame HT walls with staggered 2x4 studs
• Frame bathroom and equipment rack/closet room
• Install isolated ceiling isolated with RSIC (Resilient Sound Isolation Clips)
• Rough in plumbing to bathroom and HT sink/counter
• [HVAC] Heating system ductwork rough in
• Install floor insulation/isolation pads (covering concrete)
• Install equipment rack flush to wall
• Install surround speaker in-wall brackets (side/back of theater)
• Run conduit for speaker wires, electrical
• [Electrician] Install electric sub-panel for home theater space (with new circuit)
• [Electrician] Electric rough in: electrical plugs to projector, equipment rack, and sink/counter area (taking into account drywall thickness – install 2x2 blocking?)
• [Electrican] Install boxes/wiring for sconce lights
• [Electrician] Install can lights (in boxes) if needed
• [Electrician] Low voltage rough in for lighting
• Seal electric boxes with putty
• Caulk all air openings in electric boxes, can light boxes, etc.
• Frame soffit around existing utilities (heating ducts)
• Install false soffits (if needed?)
• Stuff false soffits with insulation for bass traps
• Hang doors
• [Andre] Take pictures to document location of wires, cables, pipes, etc.
• Install insulation
• Install first layer of drywall on ceiling and walls
• Install second layer of drywall ceiling and on walls placed horizontally using green glue and overlapping seems
• Install acoustically transparent screen wall with rolls of batt insulation behind it for bass traps (triangles in corner — do these get covered with drywall or fabric if behind screen wall?)
• Install riser, stairs (if needed, depending on excavation?)
• Paint walls, ceiling
• Install carpet pad, carpet
• Install wall fabric
• Install sound treatments (fabric wall panels)
• [Andre] Install sconces
• Install hardwood trim (crown, base moulding, equipment rack)
• Install screen, projector, speakers (screen/projector TBD
on room size, throw, etc.)
• Install couch(es)
• Hope everything works and flip the switch!