Shermer Theater - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #721 of 721 Old Yesterday, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Originally Posted by rms8 View Post
No worries. No PC nancys 'round here. I started looking back through this thread and realized this project has been going on for a while. Have you already discussed elsewhere the look/feel of this room?

I'm not fully there yet (and I need to be I know) but the original thought was

- a couple columns with sconces,
- room painted espresso brown,
- nature/dark green forest themed wall posters/acoustic panels between the dark brown columns (btw I have thoughts/plans to interchange these out with sports or movie based panels as the mood strikes me, we'll see how that goes)
- light tray in crown molding making a U around the back half of the room, probably 4-6 ceiling cans,
- 2 rows of seating (3 recliners in front of 4) the 4 seats I have - Black Palliser Hi-Fi's, front seats will need a lower back or will obstruct screen (I know bc it does today)
- riser is roughly 13" tall and will cover the back half of the room - I have a "practice" riser today that I really should have asked to be made bigger (oh well)
- in-wall speakers for sides and probably rears (room width is a PROBLEM at 11'-ish)
- still thinking through screen - most likely a millskin (sp?) spandex screen with left right center and two subs crammed in behind there, problem with spandex is that I want a bigger screen than spandex will do but I'm not paying $500+ for a screen...
- all of the tech will be fairly entry level unless I find an amazing deal on Craigslist (see prior page for convo on that) - we watch movies down there now with what we have and we love it
- also not sure where the tech will go just yet - front left, back left or back right are likely candidates
- I will likely double drywall / soundproof the ceiling but the rest of it...I'm just not sure it will matter. If we have a movie on real loud, we're all down there.

I originally had a snack bar, a kitchen and an AV closet in mind but the more my wife and I though through the design the more that just didn't make sense. We might still do a "micro kitchen" elsewhere in the basement but not 100% sure on where we have room for that.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction