Originally Posted by rms8
No worries. No PC nancys 'round here.
I started looking back through this thread and realized this project has been going on for a while. Have you already discussed elsewhere the look/feel of this room?
I'm not fully there yet (and I need to be I know) but the original thought was
- a couple columns with sconces,
- room painted espresso brown,
- nature/dark green forest themed wall posters/acoustic panels between the dark brown columns (btw I have thoughts/plans to interchange these out with sports or movie based panels as the mood strikes me, we'll see how that goes)
- light tray in crown molding making a U around the back half of the room, probably 4-6 ceiling cans,
- 2 rows of seating (3 recliners in front of 4) the 4 seats I have - Black Palliser Hi-Fi's, front seats will need a lower back or will obstruct screen (I know bc it does today)
- riser is roughly 13" tall and will cover the back half of the room - I have a "practice" riser today that I really should have asked to be made bigger (oh well)
- in-wall speakers for sides and probably rears (room width is a PROBLEM at 11'-ish)
- still thinking through screen - most likely a millskin (sp?) spandex screen with left right center and two subs crammed in behind there, problem with spandex is that I want a bigger screen than spandex will do but I'm not paying $500+ for a screen...
- all of the tech will be fairly entry level unless I find an amazing deal on Craigslist (see prior page for convo on that) - we watch movies down there now with what we have and we love it
- also not sure where the tech will go just yet - front left, back left or back right are likely candidates
- I will likely double drywall / soundproof the ceiling but the rest of it...I'm just not sure it will matter. If we have a movie on real loud, we're all down there.
I originally had a snack bar, a kitchen and an AV closet in mind but the more my wife and I though through the design the more that just didn't make sense. We might still do a "micro kitchen" elsewhere in the basement but not 100% sure on where we have room for that.