Question regarding an isolation clip, double dry walled room and outlets/switches - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I'm planning a small dedicated media room, and am going to be doing isolation clips, double dry wall, and green glue. The question that keeps coming up, and one that I don't have a solid answer for yet, is what does the builder do with all the outlets, switches, and wall plates that are planned in the room?

Am I going to need to build a backbox for each of these, and then they mount inside of that backbox?

What if they need a stud to tie to?

What if the wall plate is only a mud ring, and no electrical box?

If they use retro style electrical boxes, will that pass inspection on a new construction home?

How have your outlets/switches been done in your theater/media room?

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 614
It is actually possible to build a theater with no wall pentrations for the outlets and switches. You have to put them in columns, riser, stage and surface mounted behind a screen wall.

Put that is not always possible so PUTTY PADS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I think one of the answers the OP may looking for is the use of adjustable boxes to account for the extra layer of drywall.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2013, 08:12 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 614
well I answered that last night in another thread

PROJECTS:

post #5 of 5 Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

well I answered that last night in another thread
And it was much appreciated wink.gif

-Steve

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page