/// Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc (BD9s & BD50) \\\ - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
tboe77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Not that this info going to be very helpful, but I had no issues at all downloading the full (BD50) disc. It worked perfectly on the first try. I was using a desktop PC, running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. It has a wired connection to my router. Using uTorrent as my torrent client.

My own experience makes me think that there isn't anything wrong with the torrent itself, but some sort of configuration issue that is plaguing some users here. Perhaps some security issue, such as a firewall, or something. Maybe some interference of some sort (whether intentional or not) from certain ISP's? Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Chronic masticator.
Gear: Speakers (Paradigm Reference Studio Series): 40 v4 (front L/R), CC-690 v4 (centre), 20 v4 (surround L/R). PSA XS30 (subwoofer).
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung PN64F8500 (64" plasma), DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000, PS3, Sony BDP-S6200, Apple TV (3rd gen.), Harmony One, Sennheiser RS180
tboe77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200

Don't worry, we like hearing that something works every once in a while.

smile.gif

Michael


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #453 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
globalgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Did you make sure the Windows Firewall turned off on those computers to see if that was the problem?

globalgreg is offline  
post #454 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Bigham16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lewisville, TX
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
^ Yes, firewalls were turned off on all computers. I could download the Reference 1 disc with no issues on all three computers. I just couldn't download the full Reference 2 disc for some reason.
Bigham16 is offline  
post #455 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
MikeRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, Northern Cali.
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with the connection issue smile.gif
I've tried all the files on different computers with different OS and firewall combinations, but all on the same network going through the same router. I'll try to get on a different network today.
I was also able to to get the Disk 1 with no problem.

I could see if no other torrents would not work, but I can torrent anything else just fine. I'm puzzled why this torrent is proving difficult.

I'll keep checking.
Anyone with a copy willing to host a FTP session for me to grab it? smile.gif

-Mike

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
MikeRich is offline  
post #456 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blu_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LiVe from the Nation's Capital | Canada
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigham16 View Post

^ Yes, firewalls were turned off on all computers. I could download the Reference 1 disc with no issues on all three computers. I just couldn't download the full Reference 2 disc for some reason.

That was my case also, but like I said, it worked fine on my laptop, over wifi..
Bigham16 likes this.

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
Blu_One is offline  
post #457 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post

Anyone with a copy willing to host a FTP session for me to grab it? smile.gif

-Mike

I setup a https server for bluone before we figured out a solution. The problem with the downloading it via https you had to click each rar file to get the whole file...I couldn't figure out how to set it as one click to download. I can't re-rar the entire disc as its on my server.
adgrimes is offline  
post #458 of 754 Old 06-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
MikeRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, Northern Cali.
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thanks. I'm totally stumped. It may be some port forwarding issue, but all my other torrents work. I'll keep at it.

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
MikeRich is offline  
post #459 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Slingblayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor Ontario Canada
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I wonder if your ISP is filtering bit torrent traffic. You can enable Encryption in the Utorrent options to mask the data. That way your ISP just sees you are d/l a lot of data but they cant sniff it to see what type of data it is.
Assuming you use Utorrent, open Utorrent and hit CTRL P to open the options (or just go to Options-Preferences) then click on Bit Torrent in the list on the left side, and in Protocol Encryption select Enabled from the dropdown menu. I have "Allow incoming legacy connections" checked also.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but go in the Options and go to Connection, and make sure "Randomize Port each Start" is not checked. Then make sure whatever port is listed is the one that is forwarded in your router.

Another thing you can check is just try to download a different torrent, try anything, and old TV show or something, just to see if the problem is still there for different torrent files and not just the demo disc torrents.

I will be starting to seed again on July 1st, I'm only allowed 275gig/month bandwidth and I'm near my cap for this month so I had to shut it down.

Good Luck!

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
Slingblayde is offline  
post #460 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
MikeRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, Northern Cali.
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks for the feedback.

I had all of those setting in my config and I'm able to get any other torrent.

I'm wondering if my torrent file is somehow corrupt.

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
MikeRich is offline  
post #461 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
MikeRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, Northern Cali.
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Could someone who has successfully downloaded any of the Vol 2 disks please post 1 of torrent txt file they used? I'd like to confirm that I'm doing something crazy when renaming the text file.

-Mike

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
MikeRich is offline  
post #462 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blu_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LiVe from the Nation's Capital | Canada
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post

Could someone who has successfully downloaded any of the Vol 2 disks please post 1 of torrent txt file they used? I'd like to confirm that I'm doing something crazy when renaming the text file.

-Mike

They're all in the first few posts of this thread. All you need to do is take off (delete) "DELETE.TXT" at the end of the file name. Then save but not as a txt file (change the drop down menu for file type when you're saving the file to "other)". Save to your desktop, you should have a green u torrent icon, then open u torrent, and select that file to launch. If it just hangs at "finding/connecting to peers" or something like that, then it won't work. You'll need access to another PC to get these files then..

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
Blu_One is offline  
post #463 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Senior Member
 
adgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Also never hurts to use the check ports feature in utorrent to ensure there are no connection problems with the program.
adgrimes is offline  
post #464 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
MikeRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: East Bay, Northern Cali.
Posts: 524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I got the file to work. When saving the file, it should not saved as text file. (thanks to the post above).
I think the problem may be that when I opened the file in the text editor, the default extension is .txt.
-Mike

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
MikeRich is offline  
post #465 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200

See, Blu, all your aggravation paid off! Now you're an authority!

wink.gif

The School of Hard Knocks is a b*tch, ain't it?!

 

Good luck, Mike.

I'm sure you'll find it was worth the effort.


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #466 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blu_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LiVe from the Nation's Capital | Canada
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

See, Blu, all your aggravation paid off! Now you're an authority!
wink.gif
The School of Hard Knocks is a b*tch, ain't it?!

Good luck, Mike.
I'm sure you'll find it was worth the effort.

Hahah rightt wink.gif

That's what I like about AVS, mostly.. is people helping others, especially when sometimes we all know the sh*t being asked couldn't be answered promptly anywhere else, even with the Internet.. So thx for your help and I'm glad I could help others, everyone with a 'system' should have this disc, A MUST HAVE if you're into reference level video and sound, movies, music cool.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
Blu_One is offline  
post #467 of 754 Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
tboe77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

See, Blu, all your aggravation paid off! Now you're an authority!
wink.gif
The School of Hard Knocks is a b*tch, ain't it?!

Yup! Reminds me of a favourite quote.

"Experience is something you never have until after you need it!"

Chronic masticator.
Gear: Speakers (Paradigm Reference Studio Series): 40 v4 (front L/R), CC-690 v4 (centre), 20 v4 (surround L/R). PSA XS30 (subwoofer).
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung PN64F8500 (64" plasma), DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000, PS3, Sony BDP-S6200, Apple TV (3rd gen.), Harmony One, Sennheiser RS180
tboe77 is offline  
post #468 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Senior Member
 
jevansoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southern, Ohio
Posts: 467
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that went into making this disc.

Between the first Demo disc and now this second one, I have the absolute best demo material to show off in my dedicated theater and couldn't be happier.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a good 3D demo disc though?

I haven't been able to find one.

It'd be absolutely AWESOME if these guys could either add a 3D demo section to the reference 2 disc or if there is enough good 3D content, create a new 3D only Demo Disc.

I sure would appreciate it.

I'd like to get some feedback from others here to see if I'm in the minority on wishing for a good 3D demo disc as I feel I may be since I cannot find any.

It'd be nice to have clips that show off pop-out, depth, and have different formats like Frame Packed, SBS, Top/Bottom, etc for testing and comparison, but mostly just a bunch of the best 3D clips from music and the few concerts that exist.

Thanks again and I truly appreciate all the time and effort that went into creating these discs.

--Jason

Thanks to EVERYONE that Helps Make These Threads so Awesome!

jevansoh is offline  
post #469 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Blu_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LiVe from the Nation's Capital | Canada
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevansoh View Post

I just want to say thank you for all the hard work that went into making this disc.

Between the first Demo disc and now this second one, I have the absolute best demo material to show off in my dedicated theater and couldn't be happier.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a good 3D demo disc though?

I haven't been able to find one.

It'd be absolutely AWESOME if these guys could either add a 3D demo section to the reference 2 disc or if there is enough good 3D content, create a new 3D only Demo Disc.

I sure would appreciate it.

I'd like to get some feedback from others here to see if I'm in the minority on wishing for a good 3D demo disc as I feel I may be since I cannot find any.

It'd be nice to have clips that show off pop-out, depth, and have different formats like Frame Packed, SBS, Top/Bottom, etc for testing and comparison, but mostly just a bunch of the best 3D clips from music and the few concerts that exist.

Thanks again and I truly appreciate all the time and effort that went into creating these discs.

--Jason

Yeah good point on the 3D thing !

Probably not enough for a disc but definetely a nice section, although I don't think the whole thing (all of Ref 2 sections) would then fit on a BD50..

I'm not that much into 3D yet, the only one I can recommend is already well established has a great 3D BD - Avatar. I'm sure Art of Flight 3D would also have some great scenes, currently waiting to get that one from Australia..

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
Blu_One is offline  
post #470 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
damelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Posts: 1,660
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

Yeah good point on the 3D thing !

Probably not enough for a disc but definetely a nice section, although I don't think the whole thing (all of Ref 2 sections) would then fit on a BD50..

I'm not that much into 3D yet, the only one I can recommend is already well established has a great 3D BD - Avatar. I'm sure Art of Flight 3D would also have some great scenes, currently waiting to get that one from Australia..

There are definitely a lot of specific scenes people like in 3D. As a film, Avatar is all around stunning in 3D. Hard to pick out specific scenes. That is a case of "all around good" for 3D.

People have mentioned scenes like the big (Potato?) Cod in "Under the Sea", as well as some of the small underwater snake scenes in that same disc are excellent "pop out" examples. It also has some amazing depth examples which simulates what it is like when you look around while you do underwater diving, where if you focus on the background it really feels like you adjust your eyes and see a depth I've never seen on any other disc.

The animated 3D film "Sammy's Adventure" is regarded as some of the best "Pop Out" 3D on a disc. I own it but haven't watched it yet so I can't attest to examples.
In Prometheus, the scene where they are viewing the 3D Map on the holographic table is good
I think the introduction of "Life of Pi" at the Zoo is a very pretty 3D scene
damelon is offline  
post #471 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

They're all in the first few posts of this thread. All you need to do is take off (delete) "DELETE.TXT" at the end of the file name. Then save but not as a txt file (change the drop down menu for file type when you're saving the file to "other)". Save to your desktop, you should have a green u torrent icon, then open u torrent, and select that file to launch. If it just hangs at "finding/connecting to peers" or something like that, then it won't work. You'll need access to another PC to get these files then..

I'm new to this and have a question about deleting the "DELETE.TXT". When I double clicked on the first two discs, I never had the option to delete the extension on the file name. It just started downloading. It appears to have been successful, but now I'm concerned that these files won't be usable. Did I do something wrong, or is this something that needs to be deleted at a later time? Sorry for the noob question (never used utorrent before).
Thanks!

KK in CT is offline  
post #472 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
superleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - USA
Posts: 2,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 199
^^^

First you download these files from this forum to your computer. If you double click from this forum it will just download the file.
Once you have the files saved to your hardrive, then you need to delete/rename the file... removing the ".DELETE.TXT" Including the "." You should be left with the name of the file an a ".torrent" extension. To rename the file you could just right click the file, move to rename and click renamed. Once the file is fully highlighted you can just delete the ".DELETE.TXT" portion.
With the correct extension you can just double click on the file and the client torrent software should open the torrent file and start downloading. The torrent client software needs to be installed in your computer.
The download torrent file is a compressed file (RAR). Once the download finishes it needs to be un-compressed by using WinRAR or similar software. Once un-compressed you should have a standard BDMV folder structure. This structure is the one you use to burn of play the disc/files.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

superleo is online now  
post #473 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

First you download these files from this forum to your computer. If you double click from this forum it will just download the file.
Once you have the files saved to your hardrive, then you need to delete/rename the file... removing the ".DELETE.TXT" Including the "." You should be left with the name of the file an a ".torrent" extension. To rename the file you could just right click the file, move to rename and click renamed. Once the file is fully highlighted you can just delete the ".DELETE.TXT" portion.
With the correct extension you can just double click on the file and the client torrent software should open the torrent file and start downloading. The torrent client software needs to be installed in your computer.
The download torrent file is a compressed file (RAR). Once the download finishes it needs to be un-compressed by using WinRAR or similar software. Once un-compressed you should have a standard BDMV folder structure. This structure is the one you use to burn of play the disc/files.

Leo,
I appreciate your quick reply. I guess my confusion is that I did download all of the program files. Once I did that, I went and double clicked on the first disc file (I actually went and hovered over it with my mouse and double clicked):

Reference 2 Bass FINAL.torrent.DELETE.TXT

I did not change any file name. But it did procede to download something for several hours for a total of 5+ GB. I did this for the Bass and for the Surround file. Are you saying that what I downloaded is basically no good and I need to do this again?
Thanks

KK in CT is offline  
post #474 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
superleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX - USA
Posts: 2,123
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 199
^^^

If your downloaded file is an RAR extension file, then these are probably fine. I would un-packed them and see what you get. If you get the BDMV folders then you should be fine.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

superleo is online now  
post #475 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

If your downloaded file is an RAR extension file, then these are probably fine. I would un-packed them and see what you get. If you get the BDMV folders then you should be fine.

Yes they have the .rar extension so I think I'm good. Appreciate all the work you put into this and your willingness to help. Thanks!
superleo likes this.

KK in CT is offline  
post #476 of 754 Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 PM
Member
 
kneo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great work. Am just a lurker but this kind of effort has to be appreciated. Thanks a lot to all stakeholders who have put in the hard work.
kneo is offline  
post #477 of 754 Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200

Stop lurking. Start downloading.

biggrin.gif

Welcome aboard.


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #478 of 754 Old 06-28-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK in CT View Post


I'm new to this and have a question about deleting the "DELETE.TXT". When I double clicked on the first two discs, I never had the option to delete the extension on the file name. It just started downloading. It appears to have been successful, but now I'm concerned that these files won't be usable. Did I do something wrong, or is this something that needs to be deleted at a later time? Sorry for the noob question (never used utorrent before).
Thanks!

Glad it worked. For those for whom it doesn't (or who may just be confused), here's a zip of the same torrent:

 

 

RARed_Reference_2_BD50.zip 103k .zip file
Attached Files
File Type: zip RARed_Reference_2_BD50.zip (102.7 KB, 7 views)

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #479 of 754 Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Senior Member
 
KK in CT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 307
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Glad it worked. For those for whom it doesn't (or who may just be confused), here's a zip of the same torrent:


RARed_Reference_2_BD50.zip 103k .zip file

Well I thought I was doing well, got through to burning the disc. But it seems my blu ray player (Panasonic DMP-BDT210) does not want to cooperate. When I put the disc in, it goes to a black screen for about 30 seconds and then just kicks back to the player's home menu.

I'm assuming I just have one of the Panasonic players that will not playl these BD9 discs?

KK in CT is offline  
post #480 of 754 Old 06-28-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200

Someone with your player model may chip in, but the usual suggestions are to run the files you have through multiAVCHD (see post #2) and, when you burn the disc, to change its name to AVCHD.

Good luck.

p.s. This is why I use re-writables. wink.gif


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off