/// Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc (BD9s & BD50) \\\ - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #631 of 754 Old 10-29-2013, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks superleo! I'm downloading it, her vocals are incredible.

German Cars, German Beer, German Guns.......Italian Motorcycles.

Pre/Pro: Emotiva UMC-200
Power: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
LCR: DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4T SE & 4CC
Surrounds: Mirage OMD-5
Sub: DIY Dayton Audio
PS3
DTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeetboy View Post

I have an odd problem with trying to use MultiAVCHD to create a PS3 file from Reference Disc 2.

For some reason, the size of the folder is over 100GB instead of the original 45GB. I took a look at the files and somehow MultiAVCHD has made multiple copies of some of the Animation files (there are possibly others, I haven't gone through all of them). I'm assuming I can't just delete the extra files since they're numbered in order.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

brad
Was that AFTER everything finished processing, or the "estimated" space for the project? There are a lot of "_TEMP" files that get created during the whole process. I had no issues with BD-Re-author for refdisc 1 or 2

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #633 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is after the processing is completed. The estimated size was over 200GB!

I'm just about to try running it again, maybe something happened my first try. I'm wondering if there's something in the settings that I need to change - trying to go through this entire thread (21 pages is a lot of reading!) to see if there's been mention of something that I've missed.

brad

post #634 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 AM

I'm going to include some screen shots and details of the process and see if someone can figure out what's happening here.

When I first drag the BDMV file/folder into MultiAVCHD, the "re-author" pop up comes up and I click "Yes".

However, a second pop up appears that isn't mentioned in the initial post:

"The disc is BD-J (java) authored. Is your intention to use the output with Playstation 3 USB HDD?"

I clicked on "Yes" for this as well, since I'm planning on using this with my PS3.

I then select "import all" and the process of importing the files begins.

Here is what it looks like at the end of the import:

As you can see, the file size is enormous! It also appears to have 118 titles and the duration is over 20 hours, which doesn't seem right to me. If possible, can someone confirm/deny whether that is what it should look like?

Finally, I click "Start" and select "SONY Playstation 3" as the device type. A pop up says "Compilation may need more free space than available! Continue?", I select "Yes" and allow MultiAVCHD to do its thing.

I'm going to be waiting a couple of hours for this to complete, so I figure I'll put up this part so far (since it seems to be exactly the same as my first attempt) and see if anyone has any ideas as to what's going on. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with the same result.

As an additional aside of more information, I'm doing this on a Macbook Pro running Windows 7 via Parallels. As well, all files are on an external drive formatted FAT32. I don't have enough space on my hard drive to fit a 45GB file let alone the converted file as well. I hope this isn't the cause of my problems, because there's absolutely no workaround for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

brad

post #635 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 AM

Here's a quick update from the process.

As you can see in the picture below, for some reason some of the files are being used multiple times to create .m2ts files. For example, notice that the first Media transfer: 00037 -> 00000.m2ts is the same as Media transfer: 00037 -> 00008.m2ts. This also shows up again later as Media transfer: 00037 -> 00016.m2ts and so on. There is obviously something seriously wrong here.

Am I really the only the person who's run into this?

brad

post #636 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I've never seen the second popup referring to BD-J. This disc and any of the available demo discs that I know of for that matter, are NOT, and do NOT have ANY BD-J code(s). Have you tried saying "no" to the BD-J prompt? Its been discussed before that the calculated needed space is wrong. Not sure what going on there but I never seen this MultiAVCHD behavior before.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #637 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I've never seen the second popup referring to BD-J. This disc and any of the available demo discs that I know of for that matter, are NOT, and do NOT have ANY BD-J code(s). Have you tried saying "no" to the BD-J prompt? Its been discussed before that the calculated needed space is wrong. Not sure what going on there but I never seen this MultiAVCHD behavior before.

Interesting...I'm going to kill the current attempt (still only about half way through) and try saying "no", we'll see what happens. Thanks superleo.

brad

post #638 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't remember which ones have the BD-J pop up or not, and I believe I deleted all the source files for the discs, so I won't be able to add them to multiAVCHD and post results. The only thing I will be able to do is post my settings.
Did you run multiAVCHD-test.exe which verifies the proper setup of all the intall files for multi ? (ffdshow, avisynth, etc...) ?

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #639 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

I don't remember which ones have the BD-J pop up or not, and I believe I deleted all the source files for the discs, so I won't be able to add them to multiAVCHD and post results. The only thing I will be able to do is post my settings.
Did you run multiAVCHD-test.exe which verifies the proper setup of all the intall files for multi ? (ffdshow, avisynth, etc...) ?

caper_1: Is MultiAVCHD-test.exe included somewhere in the installation? I've tried looking through the files, but haven't found it.

Now attempting to go through the processing of the files. When I selected "Start", the menu looked more like it should with most of the options greyed out:

Unfortunately, once again the estimated output is massive (265GB) and a new issue has arisen. As it's processing, errors are appearing. You can see them on the right hand side:

brad

post #640 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Okay, just found multiTest - and EVERYTHING failed. So apparently I have nothing installed - I'm going to (again) kill MultiAVCHD's process and try installing the missing decoders. Thanks for the suggestion, caper_1.

brad

post #641 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 04:21 PM

Everything installed, still not working. Anyone else have any ideas?

brad

post #642 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Try one of the segments by themselves or the "Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc"
These are smaller discs 8GB.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #643 of 754 Old 10-30-2013, 05:47 PM

I was hoping not to have to do that. I live out in the boonies and it took me a couple of weeks to download the full disc. But maybe it'll help, I'll give it a shot.

brad

post #644 of 754 Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Google "Daisy chain programs for multiAVCHD". There is an awesome post somewhere about it. You need it working for obvious reasons.

post #645 of 754 Old 10-31-2013, 06:59 AM

There's a link to it from the MultiAVCHD forum, already gone through it and passed successfully. I'll have one of the smaller discs downloaded in about an hour and I'm going to try using it to see if it's the disc or Multi causing the problems.

brad

post #646 of 754 Old 10-31-2013, 08:35 AM

Success!

Kind of.

I was able to get the Bass disc to convert and work. That leaves me with 2 possibilities, neither of which are particularly good: either a) the original download of the full disc is somehow corrupted and I'll have to re-download it (although I doubt this, since it un-rar'ed fine) which will take me several weeks to complete, or b) there's an issue of space, which is what I think the actual problem is. I've been doing this using an external drive with 240GB of space, and the disc is only 45GB, yet MultiAVCHD inexplicably needs 265GB to process it. Now I need to figure out a way to do this - should be fun!

Thanks for the help everyone.

And incidentally, the Bass disc looks and sounds phenomenal just in my living room where I tested it. I can't wait to test it out in my home theatre!

brad

post #647 of 754 Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 PM

Success confirmed!

I tried making the conversion using my backup hard drive as a destination and it worked. I was a bit concerned it wouldn't work since it's a network drive, but it turned out to work just fine. I guess the issue was disc space. Again, I'm baffled as to why MultiAVCHD needs 265GB of space for a 45GB disc, but at least now I know why it wasn't working and hopefully this will help anyone else who runs into this problem in the future.

Once again, thanks for those who gave me a hand, and thanks to everyone who put all the time and effort into creating this disc. I look forward to shaking the walls (2 SVS Plus subs in a 10x10 room)!

brad

post #648 of 754 Old 11-14-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

Here are the NZB and NFO files for newsgroups. It is still uploading so you may have to wait a few hours for the last few RAR files if you try and download immediately.
This is only for the BD50.

Cheers
-Caper

RefDisc2_BD50_NZB.zip 667k .zip file

RefDisc2_NFO.zip 1k .zip file

Saw this today on some terms as I was browsing around:

Newsgroups and Discussion Forums: In addition to these Policies, while posting to newsgroups or any other discussion forum, you are prohibited from conducting activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Posting binary or excessively large files of any kind, unless expressly permitted by the charter or FAQ.

lol

post #649 of 754 Old 11-14-2013, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Let's just concentrate on the part that says "excessively large files" tongue.gif

post #650 of 754 Old 11-15-2013, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, "excessive" to one person might not be such for another. My UL to DL ratio is "excessive" lol
So excessive is a grey area.
however, "Do not UL to binaries" is pretty black and white.. heh heh.
I still have internet biggrin.gif

post #651 of 754 Old 11-15-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 202

No problem. Those files are only "1"s.

;)

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #652 of 754 Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 AM

Liked: 11
I've searched this in both this thread and the original Reference thread, and either I stink at search (likely), or it's not been answered (unlikely):

can anyone provide step-by-step instructions on how to properly build the file to be able to play, stream these discs from a NAS over ethernet to a player (Oppo 103)?

thanks in advance.
post #653 of 754 Old 11-17-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 202

You would probably get better help in the Oppo thread, but my educated guess is that you just take the m2ts files out of the stream folder and select them individually; I don't think you're able to "read" it as a BD.

If you want to combine them into something else, then you're looking at multiAVCHD. And some headaches.

Good luck.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #654 of 754 Old 11-20-2013, 09:47 PM

hello,

i just downloaded the complete disc on post # 9 and i used winrar to extract into a folder that i have my j river media center linked too. The file was picked up autonomously, but is only 27 minutes in length starting with the snowboard scene, and is 10 gb in size. it appears i have the bass disc?

searching through the sister folders i have found lots of other files from the other discs that didnt get extracted onto my single digital chronological file as expected. But clicking those random m2ts files in the stream folder, allows me to view and play them. i certainly have all of it. just not in one cohesive unit as i had anticipated the extraction would do. hmmm

for whatever reason my jrmc only picked that small portion up. missing the other larger portion, i wonder why?

any suggestions?
post #655 of 754 Old 12-05-2013, 01:44 PM

Finally had a chance to test this out in my home theatre, and wow - totally blown away by it. The Bass selections in particular are phenomenal.

However, I've run into a small problem - dreaded Cinavia (using a PS3). I went through most of the disc and had no problems, but in the Superheroes menu it kicked in while watching the Amazing Spider-Man clip. I tried switching to another clip (Avengers) but it didn't go away, so I stopped and restarted and it's now gone. I'm in the middle of testing the rest of the Superheroes clips, nothing as of yet. Interestingly enough, others on the Cinavia list (eg. Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) didn't trigger it.

brad

post #656 of 754 Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

^^^

Don't want to elaborate to much on this topic, for obvious reasons. The original discs have the protection schemes but not the clips in the disc.
The disc is region free and copy protection free in every respect.

post #657 of 754 Old 12-05-2013, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfbc2 View Post

hello,

i just downloaded the complete disc on post # 9 and i used winrar to extract into a folder that i have my j river media center linked too. The file was picked up autonomously, but is only 27 minutes in length starting with the snowboard scene, and is 10 gb in size. it appears i have the bass disc?

searching through the sister folders i have found lots of other files from the other discs that didnt get extracted onto my single digital chronological file as expected. But clicking those random m2ts files in the stream folder, allows me to view and play them. i certainly have all of it. just not in one cohesive unit as i had anticipated the extraction would do. hmmm

for whatever reason my jrmc only picked that small portion up. missing the other larger portion, i wonder why?

any suggestions?

Are you sure you downloaded the complete disc? The disc is design so it can also be downloaded and burned on DB9s (DVD DL). It sounds that you downloaded just a segment of the disc.

The complete disc is around 40GB, and it should take close to an hour to un-zipped. If you have a smaller file then you downloaded just a segment.

post #658 of 754 Old 12-05-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^

Don't want to elaborate to much on this topic, for obvious reasons. The original discs have the protection schemes but not the clips in the disc.
The disc is region free and copy protection free in every respect.

Completely understand that position smile.gif However, there's absolutely no doubt that Cinavia did, in fact, pop up a warning and shut down my audio. It's pretty hard to mistake it.

I'm wondering, however, if it had something to do with the order I played clips. I just tried TAMS again and, lo and behold, no Cinavia. I don't remember what clips I played just prior to it so there's no way to reproduce what happened, but from what I remember Cinavia doesn't tend to cause a problem until about 20 minutes into a disc - I may have just randomly picked 4-5 clips in a row that were Cinavia protected and it was just a fluke.

brad

post #659 of 754 Old 12-18-2013, 12:00 PM
llj

I have a Panasonic DMP BDT-220 BluRay player.

I attempted to make some BD9s for it, including the AVCHD format, but
no joy with my player.

Then I noticed that following the RAR unwrap, the stream files are .m2ts files. Windows
Media Player plays .m2ts files.

Well mostly, they do play on WMP, but there is no audio. I think I need an AC3 codec???
Attempted to install one of these, but still no joy.

I would actually prefer to skip the DVD step, and simply play these via my HTPC/WMP.

Anybody know what it takes to get the audio with Windows Media Player??

Thanks for any help.

llj

llj
post #660 of 754 Old 12-18-2013, 12:09 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by llj View Post

I have a Panasonic DMP BDT-220 BluRay player.

I attempted to make some BD9s for it, including the AVCHD format, but
no joy with my player.

Then I noticed that following the RAR unwrap, the stream files are .m2ts files. Windows
Media Player plays .m2ts files.

Well mostly, they do play on WMP, but there is no audio. I think I need an AC3 codec???
Attempted to install one of these, but still no joy.

I would actually prefer to skip the DVD step, and simply play these via my HTPC/WMP.

Anybody know what it takes to get the audio with Windows Media Player??

Thanks for any help.

llj

For an HTPC setup, you are best to use either XMBC or VLC. The easiest way is to download something like the Shark007 codec pack. Which can be found here http://shark007.net/

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page