post #721 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtprkr View Post

Thank you Dengland, I appreciate you leaving it open. Im attempting now, however my connection status changes between "no incoming connection" or connection unavailable. I cannot find out how to run the test tool so that
it could outline my connection problem.

To run the connection test tool:

Options>Setup Guide -- a window will open, change the necessary items and run it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The version of utorrent that I am using does not have a options tab. I'm using the version for Mac. i admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I don't see it.
post #723 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The version of utorrent that I am using does not have a options tab. I'm using the version for Mac. i admit I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I don't see it.

Not an option tab, through the menu on top.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #724 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 11:33 AM

There is a "preferences" under utorrent header at the top, but nothing inside any of those where you can run a connection test tool. my version doesn't have any type of test tool.
post #725 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is a "preferences" under utorrent header at the top, but nothing inside any of those where you can run a connection test tool. my version doesn't have any type of test tool.

Try "command" + G
or
ctrl + G

Since Macs have both...see what happens

post #726 of 763 Old 05-23-2014, 12:09 PM

Superleo, thanks for your time and effort also but still nothing.
post #727 of 763 Old 05-24-2014, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Superleo, thanks for your time and effort also but still nothing.
How about trying a different client? PC user here, so I can't speak to the Mac software. I use Vuze on the PC. It is what I started with and I know enough to accomplish what I need. I won't say it is better or worse than anything else out there. It is available for the Mac. It has a setup wizard that walks you through everything.

http://download.cnet.com/Vuze-**********-Client/3000-2196_4-48244.html

post #728 of 763 Old 05-25-2014, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Lot of download activity in the last 2 days:

post #729 of 763 Old 05-25-2014, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would recommend the Transmission torrent client for the Mac, it's very simple to use and troubleshoot:

http://www.transmissionbt.com/download/
post #730 of 763 Old 05-25-2014, 01:44 PM

Ok.. I'll try the tramission torrent and report back.
post #731 of 763 Old 05-26-2014, 10:20 AM

ok.. Im trying out the transmission client now. Everything seems to be ready to go. However, it says "seeding 0 to 0 peers. anyone familiar with transmission torrent??
post #732 of 763 Old 06-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Downloaded and burned the bass demo, followed the instructions, used strict setting in the MultiVHCD since I have a Panasonic- burned with IMGburn to double sided dvd and ended up with a coaster. Put it in and nothing came up at all, inserted in pc error message popped up saying it could not open.   Not a good day...any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

Update: used the non strict option on 2nd try, did not play on main 2 Panasonics, but did play with mixed results on an 80 dollar Vizio and a 2012 Sony BDP-S360 that were both in storage.  The Snow clip and the Pod racing clip both stuttered badly on both and the others all stuttered on the Sony.  Both were updated on software.  I guess I'm out of luck lol.

On the bright side I did learn to use torrent,Rar,MultiAVCHD, and Imgburn over the last 3 days!  Think I will try the USB to PS3 version before I quit since I did buy 2  65g USB sticks in anticipation of 50BD demos...

post #733 of 763 Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 245

It's been a while, but you've certainly noticed my (incessant, repeated) recommendations for re-writable discs. This is why.

Good luck with the USB approach.

It might pay for you to try one of the BD9s.

Michael

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #734 of 763 Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 PM

The BD 9 bass demo section was the one I was using. Since I dl 3 of the sections in addition to the bass, I will give the surround section the next shot. Wish I had done resarch on the Oppo 103 when I was building my HT....
post #735 of 763 Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 PM

Liked: 16
Is anyone else seeing this error? MultiAVCHD crashes when loading the BDMV folder.
post #736 of 763 Old 06-21-2014, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Hi guys, i'm having problems getting this working.

I've downloaded the surround disc and unzipped it. It contains bdmv and certificate folders.

I put just that bdmv folder into multi avchd and went through the process for bd9 (non strict). This created abdra folder that contained bdmv, certificate and avchdtn folders.

I then renamed the newly created bdmv folder to avchd.

I then opened imgburn and selected burn files to disc (as far as I know this is a method for a data disc rather than movie disc, which confuses me).
I dragged and dropped the avchd and certificate folders into imgburn.

I selected UDF 2.5

I entered a name

I hit calculate

I told it to burn.

The job finished but technically didn't as the drive didn't eject.

After several hours and seeing that it said job done, I hit cancel and opened the drive. When I put it into the ps3 it wouldn't play. It shows up as a data disc.

What did I do wrong and how do I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by zeez; 06-21-2014 at 08:29 PM.
post #737 of 763 Old 06-23-2014, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeez View Post

I hit calculate

I told it to burn.

The job finished but technically didn't as the drive didn't eject.

After several hours and seeing that it said job done, I hit cancel and opened the drive. When I put it into the ps3 it wouldn't play. It shows up as a data disc.

What did I do wrong and how do I proceed?

Thanks in advance.
Your process is correct. Maybe a bad disc?
If you are trying it on a PS3, and want perfect playback I would suggest you try a USB drive/USB stick. Same process except choose PS3 on MultiAVCHD, then rename, copy and play.

post #738 of 763 Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtprkr View Post
Ok.. I'll try the tramission torrent and report back.
A quick question about your problem, have you checked the firewall settings (if any) in your router? I found that I had to lower the settings in my Xfinity router from the default (middle) to low in order for the torrent to be found. A lot of routers will block peer-to-peer connections by default these days.
post #739 of 763 Old 06-23-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Your process is correct. Maybe a bad disc?
If you are trying it on a PS3, and want perfect playback I would suggest you try a USB drive/USB stick. Same process except choose PS3 on MultiAVCHD, then rename, copy and play.
THank you for responding. i will try again today, but could you let me know what is the reason for burning it as a data disc? As far as I know, a data disc will not have any automatic playback option. Should I select individual files to play through the menu system in the PS3 Slim ?

Also, please verify that I should ignore the AVCHDTN folder.

Thanks again
post #740 of 763 Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
THank you for responding. i will try again today, but could you let me know what is the reason for burning it as a data disc? As far as I know, a data disc will not have any automatic playback option. Should I select individual files to play through the menu system in the PS3 Slim ?

Also, please verify that I should ignore the AVCHDTN folder.

Thanks again
All CDs, DVDs, BDs, etc, are actually data discs. Their data is just somewhat different depending on the format. For example, a BD requires UDF 2.5 in order to be recognized as a bluray, you could actually burn it with UDF 1.02 (DVD) and the player will give you a screen saying is a data disc. I guess we get use to on how the different software calls them to make them easier to understand.

When a player can't read the disc is generally one these two things --- the UDF format used to burn the disc is the incorrect one or the disc file structure is not correct. Of course other things may happened such as a bad disc, bad writer, etc.

You can refer to the how-to from the first page of the thread or go directly to the MultiAVCHD for more specific clarification. I've tested playing the segments through a USB thumb direve in the past witha fat PS3 and worked perfectly, I'm not sure if there are any changes to the slim PS3s.

post #741 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
All CDs, DVDs, BDs, etc, are actually data discs. Their data is just somewhat different depending on the format. For example, a BD requires UDF 2.5 in order to be recognized as a bluray, you could actually burn it with UDF 1.02 (DVD) and the player will give you a screen saying is a data disc. I guess we get use to on how the different software calls them to make them easier to understand.

When a player can't read the disc is generally one these two things --- the UDF format used to burn the disc is the incorrect one or the disc file structure is not correct. Of course other things may happened such as a bad disc, bad writer, etc.

You can refer to the how-to from the first page of the thread or go directly to the MultiAVCHD for more specific clarification. I've tested playing the segments through a USB thumb direve in the past witha fat PS3 and worked perfectly, I'm not sure if there are any changes to the slim PS3s.
I burned successfully, but when I put it in my ps3 Slim it still does not play back. I can see all the files and the folder structure when I browse through the BD9 on the PS3 via the dashboard (specifically while looking under the Video section where I would normally play a dvd/bluray) but I couldn't find any file that I could actually play. The Folder structure is as follows:

AVCHD
*AUXDATA
*BACKUP
*BDJO
*CLIPINF
*JAR
*META
*PLAYLIST
*STREAM
-index.bdmv
-movieobject.bdmv

CERTIFICATE
*BACKUP
-id.bdmv

This is the exact same structure and contents as the BDRA folder that was created by MULTIAVC, except I did not include the AVCHDTN folder. Naturally, I renamed the BDMV folder to AVCHD as per the instructions.

I'm going to ask a friend to try put it in their bluray player and see what happens.
post #742 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What about if you try leaving the BDMV folder as such.

I'm not sure if this would be a PS3 slim issue. If you don't mind burning another disc that might become a coaster, otherwise I would try a USB thumb drive, they are around $4 now a days.

post #743 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
What about if you try leaving the BDMV folder as such.

I'm not sure if this would be a PS3 slim issue. If you don't mind burning another disc that might become a coaster, otherwise I would try a USB thumb drive, they are around $4 now a days.
Sorry.. I forgot to try the Stream folder. I can play individual files there (there are two or three that show up in the ps3 menu as Unsupported). The video works fine, but there is no audio =(
post #744 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry.. I forgot to try the Stream folder. I can play individual files there (there are two or three that show up in the ps3 menu as Unsupported). The video works fine, but there is no audio =(
As far as I know the PS3 does not support m2ts files. You can convert these to TS files if you want to play them directly.

post #745 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 12:11 PM

Hi! Leaving it as BDMV folder (after running multiachd) worked! Unfortunately for me, IMGBURN seemed to fail when it reached the verification stage (it was stuck, saying there was no media in the drive) so I just ejected it and tried it out. The disc auto-loads and the menu works. Since the disc didn't burn 100% properly (even though it claims it did) there was no audio for super8 and the Prometheus audio cut out after the crash...but at least I now know the process for sure =)

I will try get the bass disc next.
post #746 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Verification is a waste of time. It doesn't compare the file to anything, it just tries to read the disc. You can find that out the easy way.
Good luck with the rest of the discs. Keep us posted.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #747 of 763 Old 06-24-2014, 07:20 PM

Hi guys,

The Bass disc torrent seems to keep the 31st file as incomplete. I use Utorrent and tried Force-Recheck as well as deleting that file and forcing a re-check and re-downloading it. It seems like Utorrent believes that it is a complete file, despite it having the .ut suffix at the end.

Reference 2 Bass FINAL.part31.rar.!ut

This is the file that I have, and it is also in the list of files on Utorrent.. so it seems that the source has this file in the list, therefore Utorrent considers it a proper file with regards to the folder inventory.

EDIT: Well, after trying and trying to get it to redownload correctly, I just chopped off the UT suffix and gave it a shot in WinRAR. It unzipped just fine.. so hopefully no issues =)

Last edited by zeez; 06-26-2014 at 06:50 AM.
post #748 of 763 Old 07-03-2014, 05:43 AM

Liked: 0
Thanks for all !!!
post #749 of 763 Old 07-03-2014, 07:22 AM

xbox one?

Has anyone had luck getting these to play on an xbox one? I reauthored using multiavchd then burned using imgbrn following the instruction in Post #2 , but it would not play. The xbox one will play a burned DL +R created from a dvd iso, but not these discs. BTW the demo disc did play in another blu-ray player. Any ideas????
post #750 of 763 Old 07-04-2014, 02:52 PM

Liked: 0
Hello

Awesome demo disc Leo.

Is it possible if you couldt list the programs you have been using to get this disc together?

Maybe it has been mentioned before. But there are a lot of pages to go trough. Sorry for that.

Cheers!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page