Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom André View Post
Hello

Awesome demo disc Leo.

Is it possible if you couldt list the programs you have been using to get this disc together?

Maybe it has been mentioned before. But there are a lot of pages to go trough. Sorry for that.

Cheers!
Thanks Tom in behalf of everyone that had something to do with its creation.

To answer your question, I use Scenarist for authoring the disc and Photoshop to create the menus. There are many other tools and software involved, but rather keep that conversation from this forum. If you are interested in what other tools are used send me a PM.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 763 Old 07-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrog View Post
Has anyone had luck getting these to play on an xbox one? I reauthored using multiavchd then burned using imgbrn following the instruction in Post #2 , but it would not play. The xbox one will play a burned DL +R created from a dvd iso, but not these discs. BTW the demo disc did play in another blu-ray player. Any ideas????
Sadly, everything I have read on various forums so far points to the XboxOne not playing burned Blu-rays of any kind. Technically, their website says it doesn't play burned DVDs either, but at least that part is incorrect.

So.. aside from discouraging piracy of movies, they are killing home movies, wedding discs and stuff like this.
post #753 of 763 Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just about almost done downloading. Just wondering since I do not have a DVD/Blu-Ray burner (on the new 2013 macbook pro) I was wondering if I can simply put the files on a thumb drive after I extract it, and play it on my blu-ray player. Would that work?
post #754 of 763 Old 07-09-2014, 07:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceso_fd View Post
Just about almost done downloading. Just wondering since I do not have a DVD/Blu-Ray burner (on the new 2013 macbook pro) I was wondering if I can simply put the files on a thumb drive after I extract it, and play it on my blu-ray player. Would that work?
It should if your blu-ray player supports it. One could always go thunderbolt to hdmi from your mac book pro to your receiver if necessary. Just an option.
post #755 of 763 Old 07-17-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anyone I could send some blank blurays to?

I hate to ask but I work at a Univ. (blocks the torrents and can't play around with my station much) and my home connection is 1.5 DSL....SLOOOOOOOOOW

Maybe PM me......I stumbled on all this "underground" demo stuff and making these discs and it looks awesome!

JP
post #756 of 763 Old 07-20-2014, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Okay, so I am finally getting around to setting up a home theater in our new house. This will be my first system with Blu-ray and I stumbled across this thread while looking for info about setting up a Blu-ray system and thought this would be something useful. So I started the torrents downloading and set out to find a BDXL burner and some dual layer media. What a fiasco that was, while I managed to find one BDXL burner for sale in our entire town (which I got for cost because they were trying to get rid of it) no one in town had dual layer Blu-ray disks, a couple of places asked if that was even a thing. Am I beginning to see a pattern here about the future of Blu-ray? Anyway, when I got home a couple of the torrents had finished downloading. So here's where the questions come.
From reading the opening post's of this thread I thought that I was basically downloading complete ISO's of Blu-ray's and DVD's I could burn to disk. After unpacking the RAR files and following the steps to put them on USB (I had to order BD-DL disk's and am still waiting for them) the files I ended up with do not have any scenes to select on the menu page for selecting scenes. This isn't necessarily an issue because the BDXL drive I got has authoring software so I can use the scenes I got to create my on disk's, but I am curious if I am missing something or if there is an issue with my downloaded files. And speaking of the downloaded files the music disk has three files that I can't seem to get to play right. The Toby Keith, Seal, and REO scenes, (all the Soundstage scenes) have a squealing noise masking the music, making them unusable. I even downloaded the full disk version torrent and have the same issues with it, some music files not useable and no scene selection on the menu screens.
The Blu-ray media I ordered is BD-R DL, I am planing to order a couple of BD-RE DL Disks to experiment with so I don't end up with a bunch of $12.00 coasters. The machine I am using is my home workstation, a home built 4.2GHz Core i5-4670 with 16GB RAM and 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD, the Blu-ray burner I got is a LG BH16NS40, the drives are all connected through SATA III.
Any help I could get is greatly appreciated and if I need to provide any more information I will try to respond in as timely a manner as possible.
post #757 of 763 Old 07-20-2014, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Welcome to AVS. Your journey begins here (though you will have to explain how you joined in 2009 and just got around to posting now).
What are you using to play the files from the USB?
If you're using your computer and the files are in BD (or BD-9) format, then TMT will have no problem recognizing it as a "disc" and will play it accordingly. If you're just using VLC, then you will only be able to play individual files, and not all of them will play properly.
If you're not sending the data to an AVR, then you will need the codecs for your computer. That may get complicated. Doable, just more complicated.
USB transfer speed is probably part of your problem. Have you tried playing them from your hard disc?
Your purchase of BD-RE discs made my day. I've been preaching re-writables for years, usually to deaf ears. Good move.
On the other hand, I can't think of the last thing I purchased "in our entire town," which is probably why, sadly, many of the specialty stores are giving up and closing. It's a vicious cycle, but Amazon, eBay, and many other sources are just a key-click away.
You should start looking for a bigger hard drive.

Or two.

Michael
mhobart likes this.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #758 of 763 Old 07-20-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Welcome to AVS. Your journey begins here (though you will have to explain how you joined in 2009 and just got around to posting now).
What are you using to play the files from the USB?
If you're using your computer and the files are in BD (or BD-9) format, then TMT will have no problem recognizing it as a "disc" and will play it accordingly. If you're just using VLC, then you will only be able to play individual files, and not all of them will play properly.
If you're not sending the data to an AVR, then you will need the codecs for your computer. That may get complicated. Doable, just more complicated.
USB transfer speed is probably part of your problem. Have you tried playing them from your hard disc?
Your purchase of BD-RE discs made my day. I've been preaching re-writables for years, usually to deaf ears. Good move.
On the other hand, I can't think of the last thing I purchased "in our entire town," which is probably why, sadly, many of the specialty stores are giving up and closing. It's a vicious cycle, but Amazon, eBay, and many other sources are just a key-click away.
You should start looking for a bigger hard drive.

Or two.

Michael
I joined in 2009 to ask a question but a more thorough search of the forum found my question had already been answered. I have found this forum very helpful over the years but any questions I have had have already been asked and answered. I don't feel like an expert in this field so I think it is best if I just keep my mouth shut and listen to learn, for the most part.
I have been trying to play the files in VLC on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, like you said most of the files play fine but it definitely doesn't “see” it as a Blu-ray disk, either from the USB drive or from the internal hard drives. The software that came with Blu-ray drive is Cyberlink PowerDVD 10. All the scenes, including the music scenes I couldn't get to play correctly before, will play just fine in PowerDVD although if I try to play the USB drive as a disk it gives me an error about not being a recognized format, so still no menu. I haven't tried to play the USB on any of my Mac's or my Linux box and the rest of my Windows machines are gaming systems with no Blu-ray support on them and the Blu-ray player in my home theater is a Xbox One so I haven't tried to play it from USB on that. I will just have to wait until the BD-RE disks get here so I can see if I can make an actual disk from the files.
As far as sending them to my AVR I haven't decided how I am going to do that in the future. In our previous home we had a Xbox 360 used as a Windows Media Center Extender and a 1st generation Apple TV in our home theater. The Xbox was being fed by a Windows Media Center PC I had built as a dual TV tuner DVR with 3TB of storage, but the Xbox One doesn't have that function, so the media center PC was rebuilt and re-purposed as a gaming machine. The Apple TV was primarily used for music and being fed by a Mac with about 25, 000 Apple Lossless music files ripped from my CD's (I like iTunes on OSX for the library functions it has) but I have a dedicated stereo setup in another room for music now so I don't use the Apple TV much anymore.
I live in a relatively small city in the midwest (approx. pop. 40,000) and work in a locally owned (not a branch or franchise of a national chain) business, so I try my best to support other local businesses, although they don't always make that easy. So many of them seem to have given up, it is as if they don't even care if you do business with them.
post #759 of 763 Old 07-21-2014, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 252
If you're using VLC, keep in mind that some of the files on a disc are "overhead" and are not playable.
If your AVR can play the current high-def formats, then you will just bitstream the files to the AVR and let the AVR do the decoding.
I think, once you have BDs, you'll be fine.
And very happy.
Good luck.
Michael

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #760 of 763 Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM

First off I would like to express my enthusiastic gratitude to everyone involved in the creation and distribution of the demo disks promoted in this thread. My dual layer Blu-ray re-writable disks arrived yesterday and I burned my first Blu-ray. It worked perfect and looks and sounds fantastic. Thanks to everyone again.
Now I’m off to explore the wonderful world of Blu-ray ripping and menu creation. I am thinking of making a more all-ages demo disk to run on one of our demo machines at work.
Slingblayde likes this.
post #761 of 763 Old 08-07-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi,

First, thanks for the files.

I try to download the files, i load the link and it doesnt work, alwals sait connecting to peer.

My internet connexion is ok...?

If somenone can help me!!

Thanks
post #762 of 763 Old 09-16-2014, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
A big thank you to the creators of this Reference 2 Bass disc as well as the creator of "the Best of the demo discs". The latter I have been watching just now on my current system (see my sig).

Only thing I really would like to know from the creators of these disks and from people who have a very good calibrated system : how hard should you feel the bass on these disks?
For instance on the "Best of the demo discs" the bass in the THX scene could be felt quite good and also the bass in the "Flight of the Phoenix" was quite big in some cases. Also "Art of Flight" made an impression on me

I level matched my REL T-9 sub with my main speakers with the band limited pink noise from my receiver (Marantz SR5004) but my sub is only 1/5th open (8 out of 40 clicks on the LFE input) and on my AVR the volume level is set at -9 dB while the other speakers are around 0 dB.
Is this to low?? I measured this on my listening position faced up to the ceiling (slow, dBC, Lo) with a digital SPL meter from "Voltcraft" SL-100.

Should I just raise the level a little in the AVR (or on the sub itself?) untill it sounds ok to me? Or should I just get used to a calibrated system which has less bass than I had before?

My room is quite small : around 20-25 square meters. I also use a subdude II from Auralex below my REL T-9.
Thanks for any advice!

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
post #763 of 763 Old 09-18-2014, 03:14 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampat View Post
Hi,

First, thanks for the files.

I try to download the files, i load the link and it doesnt work, alwals sait connecting to peer.

My internet connexion is ok...?

If somenone can help me!!

Thanks
Check the security/firewall settings on your router. Some more recent routers will block torrent connections with their default settings. Many torrent clients will let you check your connection status. What is shown by the program?

Vizio M501D-A2r hdtv, Sony STR-DN1050 AVR, Oppo BDP-93 blu-ray, Samsung BD-UP5000 HD-DVD/Blu-ray combo, Roku 3, Apple TV
other older items of various types and vintages
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page