post #91 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post

Leo,

I want to continue seeding for others, but when I changed that last file back to a .rar, it says "error-invalid download". I am not experienced enough at all with Utorrent to get the file back seeding. Any suggestions?

after you have downloaded and extracted, simply add the .!ut after part 31 again... "Reference 2 Bass Final.part31.rar.!ut"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

after you have downloaded and extracted, simply add the .!ut after part 31 again... "Reference 2 Bass Final.part31.rar.!ut"
Thanks, back in business!
post #93 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 12:09 PM

For anyone interested I forgot about a program I had that works great at playing .m2ts files.

Arcsoft Total Media 5

I just load the folder and the menu comes right up!
post #94 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 PM

Anyone else getting a warning about MultiAVCHD, when they download through Google Chrome that the file may be malicious? That worries me a bit. It says to either keep or discard. When you say Keep, it says, "Don't say I didn't tell you so..." Is Google just being over protective?
post #95 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:

For anyone interested I forgot about a program I had that works great at playing .m2ts files.

Arcsoft Total Media 5

I just load the folder and the menu comes right up!

You also probably forgot that it lists for $100, though it's often $50 - $70.

aka TMT5, version 6 is now available.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #96 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Anyone else getting a warning about MultiAVCHD, when they download through Google Chrome that the file may be malicious? That worries me a bit. It says to either keep or discard. When you say Keep, it says, "Don't say I didn't tell you so..." Is Google just being over protective?

It can be confusing and frustating, but it's not malicious.

Just get it from the home site:

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/

Google is being entertaining.

post #97 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Anybody willing to seed this over the weekend? I have Utorrent up, but no seeders, unfortunately.
post #98 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:

It did, after I downloaded it I scanned with Avast, it's ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

You also probably forgot that it lists for $100, though it's often $50 - $70.
aka TMT5, version 6 is now available.
Haha yes I may have left that out. There are cheaper options but this program seems to be the one that works the best for my setup smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

Anybody willing to seed this over the weekend? I have Utorrent up, but no seeders, unfortunately.
You sure? There appears to be plenty.
post #99 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

There are definitely seeders out there. May want to check your torrent client set up. May need to set up port forwarding.

post #100 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 532
The menu is supported by XBMC... Sweet!

post #101 of 821 Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgreg View Post

I had some audio dropouts towards the end of the pod race scene. Could just be a bad burn. I'm using an Oppo BDP-93. Anyone else experience that? Not complaining, just throwing it out there.

This disk is very, very, well done. I just purchased the full Art of Flight Blu-ray after seeing that clip. I'm not a big fan of heights and my heart skipped a few beats after watching that clip on my 92" screen!
I had a lot of audio dropouts on the pod race scene as well. I created the disc at a slow rate of X2.4. I am runnin an older Sony BPD S570. Everything else seemed to be super clean. Before putting it into my Sony blu ray player, I threw it in to my Samsung and the Samsung chopped up all the Audio and skipped like crazy. The Samsung did the same on the previous demo discs. No worries though as I have nothing hooked up to the Samsung. Art of Flight was incredible! I really enjoyed Pulse as well. My ears just took a beating at -10!
post #102 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 43
subscribed. waiting for the final BD50. Will definitely seed for at least 2-3x ratio.
post #103 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 06:33 AM

Liked: 10
subscribed
post #104 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu View Post

subscribed. waiting for the final BD50. Will definitely seed for at least 2-3x ratio.
No need to wait for the final large full BD50 disc. Just download all the segments when they become available, at the end, they will release a dummy BD50 disc that you just copy and paste all previously downloaded segment into the dummy BD50 folder to make a full BD50 disc.
post #105 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm glad that worked well for you. I will, indeed, try to set that up again for this disc.

Michael

post #106 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 10:34 AM

Liked: 67
Im a sucker for these awesome demo discs now so I hadta get this one. I burned it on a dual layer Verbatim dvd using ImgBurn, the same method I burned the other demo discs on Blurays. It wouldnt play at all in my PS3, it just showed BDMV and Certificate folders. I explored the BDMV folder and tried to play some of the clips manually, but there was no sound, and some said Unsupported Data.

I popped it in my cheap LG Bluray player in my bedroom and it played fine, but the Pod Race scene had audio dropouts for me also. no worries tho, I am going to wait for the 50g release. biggrin.gif

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
post #107 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

I popped it in my cheap LG Bluray player in my bedroom and it played fine, but the Pod Race scene had audio dropouts for me also. no worries tho, I am going to wait for the 50g release. biggrin.gif
I made my first DVD utilizing the MultiAVCHD, and thought that may have caused the audio drop outs. I made a second DVD just using the BDMV and Certificate file and it dropped out on me still. Ah well!
post #108 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 01:42 PM

I will try playing it again but when I play it via PC via HDMI to Denon via HDMI to Samsung, I didn't have any drop outs.
post #109 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:

I will try playing it again but when I play it via PC via HDMI to Denon via HDMI to Samsung, I didn't have any drop outs.

I built the PS3 version and played mine using a Dune 303 over a Denon 1713, no audio dropouts.

Looky here!
post #110 of 821 Old 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can anyone confirm if going through MultiAVCHD will allow this to play on an Oppo 103?

I burned the first version and it played fine on my denon bluray player but not the newer oppo.
post #111 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Superleo, thanks for making these discs. They are way easier than swapping in and out multiple movies.

I have a suggestion...A lot of us only have the ability to create a DVD-9, which leaves us with 5-6 discs to swap in and out when showing off the different aspects of our system (i.e. bass, surround, etc.) Would it be possible to also have a “Best of” DVD-9 that maybe has the top 2-3 clips from each disc?

I assume the majority of the people out there have the hardware to create a DVD-9, but not a bluray. This would allow us to show off our systems with a single disc.
post #112 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 View Post

Superleo, thanks for making these discs. They are way easier than swapping in and out multiple movies.

I have a suggestion...A lot of us only have the ability to create a DVD-9, which leaves us with 5-6 discs to swap in and out when showing off the different aspects of our system (i.e. bass, surround, etc.) Would it be possible to also have a “Best of” DVD-9 that maybe has the top 2-3 clips from each disc?

I assume the majority of the people out there have the hardware to create a DVD-9, but not a bluray. This would allow us to show off our systems with a single disc.

Wow, after all the work they did to provide these discs for us FOR FREE you have the nerve to ask that? Just so you don't have to belabor yourself to swap through a few discs? If you want to have ONE disc buy a Blu-ray burner and burn that when they release it. Blu-ray burners are cheap these days.

post #113 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlba View Post

Can anyone confirm if going through MultiAVCHD will allow this to play on an Oppo 103?

I burned the first version and it played fine on my denon bluray player but not the newer oppo.

I used MultiAVCHD to create a folder of the Demo, I copied to a flashdrive and works flawlessly on my Oppo 103.
post #114 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1150 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 View Post

Why not create your own personal disc after downloading them all with all the clips you think are the best?
post #115 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

Wow, after all the work they did to provide these discs for us FOR FREE you have the nerve to ask that? Just so you don't have to belabor yourself to swap through a few discs? If you want to have ONE disc buy a Blu-ray burner and burn that when they release it. Blu-ray burners are cheap these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Why not create your own personal disc after downloading them all with all the clips you think are the best?

While I agree with both of you that if ed3120 wants a specific disc, he should look into building one himself and not ask that from Superleo. But let's not cast ed3120 into the fire so quickly. He may not understand all the work and countless hours of work it takes to build one disc. He may think it's a quick drag and drop type deal for Superleo. I can assure you it is NOT and creating a disc is not easy.

ed3120, as globalgreg pointed out, Blu-Ray burners are getting cheap, take a look into buying one. If not, you could also look into a streaming player. That would give you the ultimate ease of playing demo material.
post #116 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 254
So, I just recently installed two FI IB3 18s this weekend, and even though I said I was going to wait for the full BD, I went ahead and downloaded the bass disc because I wanted to check out that content.

First off. Great Job to all of those involved. The Menus looks great.

Archaea, excellent selections. I know that when I made those selections I didn't have a great sub system at the time, so it made it difficult to personally test for. The Pulse and Underworld selections were monstrous on my IB. I had already earmarked the Underworld scene for if and when I did a new disc, but I doubt I would have ever discovered the Pulse scene. Kudos

Leo, the only thing I could say that might make it better is the primary navigation. Unless I'm just intuitively using it wrong. I've only played the disc once, but from what I can remember you have to cursor over to the arrows on the sides and click enter to move from clip to clip (page to page) and then cursor back to clip art to launch the clip. I think this creates a little navigation complexity.

I would have done the following:

• Get rid of the arrow buttons. Make an invisible button that auto executes a new page command. This way simply hitting left or right on the remote would cycle through the clip pages.
  • The Menu and Play-All buttons which are on the extreme sides could have been moved to the bottom (or top) of the clip art and be accessed by hitting either up or down on the remote.
  • The Pop-up menu needs a semi-transparent background. Or may just not feature the theater image, clip still image, ect. All of that content floating over a playing scene was a little busy in my opinion

All and all I think the menus are wonderful and well designed. In fact, I'm a little jealous that they are so much better than mine. I hope my criticism isn't taken negatively to heart. I'm sorry I didn't offer this insight earlier when you were probing for feedback, I don't think I could have noticed it without actually using the disc in real-time.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #117 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:

I really think that was a harsher response than necessary. I'm sorry that I had the "nerve" to ask a question about the possibility of something on a public forum.

I appreciate the fact that authoring video discs from clips takes time. I assumed the bulk of the work is building the original material and that cutting some of it out, i.e. cutting a 50 clip disc down to 10 wouldn't be a huge deal. He's already going through the trouble of packaging it out as 6 smaller DVD-9 discs anyway.

He clearly does not need to work on anything that he doesn't want to. I was just throwing the idea out there, and letting him decide.

Superleo and company: Thanks again for your hard work on this. I did not mean to offend anyone.
post #118 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Seemed like a reasonable suggestion to me
post #119 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 103
I too used MultiAVCHD to create a folder of the Demo and copied it to a flashdrive. Despite being a complete newbie to this stuff, I managed to do it correctly (a huge thanks to Carlos - cr136124 - for patiently walking me thru it over the weekend). My first time EVER using Torrent and MultiAVCHD...this stuff is NUTS! LOL. On a serious note, thanks to all of the OP's for their time and effort putting together this demo disc. I look forward to using it when I complete my media room in my basement.

Eventually I will be playing this on my OPPO 103 but I do not have it yet. So, I tried running the flash drive on my BR player in my family room system Sony BDP-N460 last night and it wouldn't work. I reformatted the thumb drive to FAT32 before I copied the file to it. I've got a USB up front on the SONY unit and I also have one in the back. Same result from both ports. It would recognize the files in the menu but then when I clicked on each file (and then into each subfolder) it wouldn't do anything. At one point it identified some photos(?)...but even the photos failed to come up on the screen. When I pressed play on the remote...nothing happened. For the experts out there, am I correct in saying that this old player may just be too outdated to work? The player was recently updated to the newest firmware but I have a feeling that won't make any difference...

It would be cool to check out this demo disc in the family room and not have to wait until my OPPO comes in! Thanks in advance...T

A/V Gear: EPSON 5030UB | 100" Elite Screen | Samsung UN46F5500 LED TV | Yamaha RX-A1010 | Emotiva XPA-3 | OPPO BDP-103 | Panamax M5300 Power Cond.| Pro-ject Carbon Debut Turntable | Polk 265-RT (L/R) | Polk 255C-RT (C) | Polk 65RT (L/R SUR) | Polk RC80i (L/R REAR SUR) | PSA XV-15 | Sonos | Apple TV

904WMC Media Room Thread
post #120 of 821 Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnapolisSony View Post

I too used MultiAVCHD to create a folder of the Demo and copied it to a flashdrive. Despite being a complete newbie to this stuff, I managed to do it correctly (a huge thanks to Carlos - cr136124 - for patiently walking me thru it over the weekend). My first time EVER using Torrent and MultiAVCHD...this stuff is NUTS! LOL. On a serious note, thanks to all of the OP's for their time and effort putting together this demo disc. I look forward to using it when I complete my media room in my basement.

Eventually I will be playing this on my OPPO 103 but I do not have it yet. So, I tried running the flash drive on my BR player in my family room system Sony BDP-N460 last night and it wouldn't work. I reformatted the thumb drive to FAT32 before I copied the file to it. I've got a USB up front on the SONY unit and I also have one in the back. Same result from both ports. It would recognize the files in the menu but then when I clicked on each file (and then into each subfolder) it wouldn't do anything. At one point it identified some photos(?)...but even the photos failed to come up on the screen. When I pressed play on the remote...nothing happened. For the experts out there, am I correct in saying that this old player may just be too outdated to work? The player was recently updated to the newest firmware but I have a feeling that won't make any difference...

It would be cool to check out this demo disc in the family room and not have to wait until my OPPO comes in! Thanks in advance...T
I think FAT32 doesn't support files over 4GB. Try NTFS.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page