the man cave - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is my first attempt at a HT room and it has been a culmination of over a year of work from an unfinished basement to this final product. The equipment is as follows:

1) sony VPL-VW95ES
2) Seymour AT 120" screen
3) 3 Definitive RLS II front speakers ( had a hard time finding a good source of enclosed in walls)
4) 4 Definitive RSS II sides and rear inwalls
5) 1 power sound audio xs15 sub
6) pioneer elite sc-65 receiver
7) sony Blu-ray player

Here are some pics of the finished product thus far.

Let me know what you think. all of the walls are insulated for sound diffusion so I do not get a ton of bleeding into the upstairs or nearby rooms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Looks very nice TJ, hope you're enjoying it!

One observation: do you find reflections off the white trim distracting during a movie? The smallest things seem to bug me when I'm watching.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Looks very nice TJ, hope you're enjoying it!

One observation: do you find reflections off the white trim distracting during a movie? The smallest things seem to bug me when I'm watching.

I though that I would but since they are flat white paint there is very little reflection, so it does not seem to bother me. I have not invited many people over yet to see if it bothers them at all yet but will in the near future (still keeping it to myself for now). With the ceiling height being such an issue, (just under 8 feet at the highest) the white seems to stretch the room a bit according to my wife. If it does cause a distraction, I was thinking of maybe a using the same color as the ceiling if other people see it as a distraction. I did move the poster close to the screen though, it was a major reflection distraction so it had to go.

Thanks for the input, now that someone said something I will probably notice it tonight hehe J/K.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-03-2013, 03:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 363
You probably won't notice the distraction until you actually cover it up. Then you'll wonder how you lived with it like that! biggrin.gif

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I am noticing it now. So I think I am going to add some columns and replace the white strips. Might take me a month or so will update the pics once complete. But first need to finish out the A/V rack which has been really bothering me of late. That is the problem with this hobby it seems I can always find something else to "fix".
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page