AVS Forum banner

Show Me Your Under the Stairs equipment rack!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kelton325 
#1 ·
Moving my rack destination to under the stairway, and wondering who has some great design ideas...

#4 ·
My rack is under the stairs in my utility room facing into my theater room. It started as a temporary shelf but evolved into a Middle Atlantic rack mounted in the wall. My build thread (see sig) has full details starting on page 4.

Started with this...

Cut hole in the Theater room wall - you can see the shelving above through the opening...

Final product...

#6 ·
It's just 2 rack rails attached to the box you can see in the photo. You can attach any accessories, shelves, etc that only need front rail mounting. I have a full part list in my build thread.

#9 ·
I use IR heads that plug into a blaster hidden in the rack. I run the head wires through the rack to the front of the component where they stick on. The "stick" doesn't hold very long but they make a hood-like sticker that you can put over them to hold them on really well (and also clean up the look a little).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.