I need your advice please
I am in the midst of selecting equipment for my home theater
The last single outstanding issue is screen size. My concern is if go too big and I will not enjoy watching it; if I go too small and I will be upset at myself I didn't go bigger (that's what she said)
I know it's a personal preference just like when people sit in a theater (up front, in the middle, or in the back). I have viewed screens at local AV retailers, consulted the THX recommended viewing distances, etc.
However I would like to get folks perspective and personal views. Also, have any of you wished that had gone bigger or have any of you at first thought the screen was too big, but then got used to it?
The back row (where most of the viewing will occur) will view the screen from 16'7 (16 feet 7 inches); the front row will be 12'6 from the screen. The room is 12'10 wide and 18'9 deep.
- The screen is going to be the Seymour 4k
- The projector is a Sony VPL-VW95ES
- The speaker setup is a 7.1 using Definitive Technology UIW RLS II front speakers (L+R+C); Definitive Technology UIW RSS II will be the 4 surround speakers and a Definitive technology IW Sub Reference for the subwoofer.
- The preamp is a Marantz AV 8801
- The amp is a Outlaw Audio 7900 (7 channel 300 watts)
- The seats are Palliser Rhumba: They will be set up in a love seat, single, love seat in the back row - (151.29 inches wide) and a love seat, love seat in the front row.
- The sources will be (1) Oppo BDP-105; (2) DUNE HD H1 player (3) DTV
Thanks for your input and please let me know if you have any questions