Hi everyone, I have been reading on the forum for quite some time, and would appreciate some advice/input on building out my home theater. Currently the room is used as a media room, but I would like to start the build out this summer with completion anticipated by September. The budget is $15,000-$18,000 including equipment and contracting the buildout.
I know I am not a very good sketchup designer, but this is what I was able to produce. The room is 24'L x 15'W.
Speaker placement will be:
- in the front- L and R in behind the mesh near the screen.
- Center either placed behind the screen or on the shelf in front of the screen.
- Surrounds: in the side columns (2 rows of L & R), and a L & R rear surround
The riser will be ~8" high.
The idea and final product I hope to look similar (though with differences) to:
as shown in the first picture, there will be acoustic panels placed on the walls.
- Projector: Sharp 30k (bought)
- Screen: that is where I could use some help. I am looking at a SI or Stewart, but do not want to spend more than 1500-1700.
- Speakers: Currently have B&W for the LCR, going to add B&W 686's for the side and ? for rear surround. I have a yamaha powered sub that is more than sufficient
- Receiver: AVR-3313CI
- Rack: Omnimount RE27. Placed either on front wall (to right of screen behind a false door) or alone right wall, by second row of seats.
- Remote: Harmony 1100 or Ultimate & iPad.
It will be mostly for sports, TV, movies. TV broadcast from Directv Genie, Movies from BluRay, HTPC, and Netflix.
Critiques, Comments, Questions- Please, I would LOVE some feedback.