How to incorporate my Macbook Pro laptop in my Theater room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I guess another way of asking this is what cable do I need to run from the projector down to where I may have the laptop sitting? I want to be able to play content from my laptop and have it projected on the screen. I actually wired an HDMI to DVI jack I built into the side of my riser and then I would connect another cable from the jack to my laptop but for some reason that isn't working and I am betting the cable somehow became dislodged from the jack on the inside of the riser. Since the riser is fully carpeted now, I can't gain access to the insides unless I cut up the carpet and cut a hole in the riser.

That idea is not going to happen LOL! I can run a new cable and hide it out of the way....I just need to know which cable I would need. Again I am using a older model Macbook Pro laptop.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Can you not unscrew the jack plate and access the cable through the hole to check if it's come loose?

But otherwise, add an AppleTV and use AirPlay video mirroring to display your Mac's screen...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:

post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor View Post

But otherwise, add an AppleTV and use AirPlay video mirroring to display your Mac's screen...

This is what we currently do. The big issue with it though is Airplay doesn't support anything more than stereo audio. And when you're in a theater you want more than stereo. So it's cool for slide shows and general internet browsing, but don't expect a glitch free experience with a 1080p 5.1 file.

Pics of your setup? I'm curious as to why you can't gain access.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page