RECOMMENDATION THEATER BUILD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-29-2013, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
udtsealeod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New construction of my retirement home, I’m in the research and discovery phase. I’ve been reading as many threads as possible to get a better understand of the A/V distribution throughout the house. I plan to have a dedicated theater room for 75% of the video watching. There will be 4 other LED TV’s throughout the house for the other 25%. The room will be 24’ x 14’ x9’, minus the 2” x 6’ walls. Here is my rough draft, as the project progress there will be better drawings! Each box’s is 1 foot.



I’m learning home automation on that forum, along with other forums for individual components. My economics are not deep, so research is required. This will be a onetime shot build, the lessons learned hopefully come from AVS.
Elements: Fixed screen 110” or bigger, 2 rows of 3, TBD on speaker location (behind or side screen), fixed projector $3000, my seat center rear, 2 subs, A/V rack basement-Crestron controlled (TBD), no additional sound proofing due to location of theater, controlled lighting, 60-70% HDTV sports/movies 20% DVD/BD with 10% photos/videos.
General input and recommendation please. Example; need 2.5’ behind screen if you want to place speakers. Or, is this a DIY or professional build? Both.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE
USN, CDR, RET
UDT/SEAL-EOD 1971-2003
udtsealeod is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off