squeezing in to a new dedicated home theater - - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 73 Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I have four supplies off my main line with a 10" return in my Ht. I generally switch the fan from auto to on to circulate the air up stairs and it still gets a bit warm. My gear is outside the room so just the PJ and 8 adults.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
is there any reason for me to need an extension rod for the pj mount? our last home had one but the stage area had a 12 in drop from the ceiling so i am thinking the rod was so the pj could get below that - i am more than likely wall mounting the screen and do not plan on having anything above it that could block the image.

any thoughts?

if i do decide to make a false wall it would only be about 12 in from the wall - if i did that and added insulation between the wall and screen would i gain a bit more noise reduction for the room on the other side of the wall?

thanks
post #63 of 73 Old 12-23-2013, 11:29 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Projector height relative to the screen is a function of the vertical shift capability of the projector and the Panny is pretty generous. However if you decide to do a wide-screen 2.35 with an acoustically transparent screen on your contemplated false wall there are limits to keep in mind. If the lens is even with the top edge of the screen it will never be a problem doing the zoom method CIH. Check the owners manual. IMHO buy a mount using a 1 1/2 threaded pipe down pole and you can start with the shortest pole which is a couple of inches and swap it out if you need longer for under $10, Spray paint the Home Depot off the shelf pipe black.
post #64 of 73 Old 12-24-2013, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

thanks big - not sure about doing CHI - when i get in the house and really have a chance to take some measurements I will see if that is something that I can fit with my av equip and movie shelves on each side- it will not be an AT screen since the speakers are in ceiling so the possible false wall is to see if any treatment behind the screen would have an impact on the adjacent room. even though i am not dd and gg i did add insulation to all the walls and was not sure adding additional insulation would have a benefit. If not then the screen will be wall mounted. I will look for a shorter pole so that i have options if i change anything later on - and now i can order the mount -
post #65 of 73 Old 12-24-2013, 05:13 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

They sell a pipe that is basically not much more than the threads on both ends. I like the Chief Brand Mounts
post #66 of 73 Old 12-24-2013, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I am using a Peerless Universal mount and 1 1/4 threaded pipe with 1 1/2 inch adapter my HD did not have 1 1/2 pipe. Check my thread
post #67 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

I ordered the peerless mount and will and ceiling plate and will add the pole from hd and paint it - thanks for the rec on that -

for the hdmi cable - i am all set on the short ones but for the long run i am needing one that is 25-30 ft to run though the ceiling tube from the pj to receiver - i used bjc at my last home - between $80-$100 - should i consider monoprice or not bother? will i get the same quality with the price difference? thanks
post #68 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm happy with the Ultra Slim RedMere cable I got from Monoprice. Considerably cheaper than the BJC you referenced.
post #69 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 09:14 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I had good luck with a 30 ft Redmere, wasn't the ultra thin but it was thin. be sure to follow the arrows as it is directional.
post #70 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

thanks spaceman and big - just placed the order - $40 is a lot better then $100.....i will make sure to look for the arrows - in one of the reviews on the site someone mentioned that one device needed to be on before the other for the entire signal to be seen - is that the case in an HT (they were referring to a comp i think).
post #71 of 73 Old 12-29-2013, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, I sometimes have trouble getting video if the projector is the last device to come on. I just switch to a different input on the receiver and then back again to get the signal to show up. But it's not a partial signal. It's either a blue screen with no signal or a full signal.
post #72 of 73 Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Ok..then i should make sure that i have my harmony programed to turn my pj on first and have the avr follow.
post #73 of 73 Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any updates? I'm interested as I just moved into a new house with a room for my new home theater almost exactly the same dimensions as yours... considerably smaller than my last home theater. Would love to see your progress.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Panasonic Pt Ae4000u 1600 Lumen Lcd Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page