post #31 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlohojo7 View Post

i will def do some more investigating about the soundproofing and riser ideas. so ideally you would just lower the entire room then build it up with with wooden platforms ?

the cooling factor does really concern me.

also i am going to call the soundproofingco and get their input. you guys are great and the ideas are really starting to come together for me of what the room layout should look like.

You my friend, are just opening the box. Welcome to Pandora's world!! This will now begin the two year journey of figuring out how to do all of this!!

Shawn Byrne
Erskine Group
HAA Design Certified -THX Certified Professional

Design-Video & Audio Calibration Information

The original Pro Theater Layout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo View Post

You my friend, are just opening the box. Welcome to Pandora's world!! This will now begin the two year journey of figuring out how to do all of this!!

But oh what fun it will be. Well, and money too, always money but fun smile.gif

The MacBeth Theater (flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

post #33 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
just talked to ted for about 25 mins and the man is very knowledgeable. i am hooking him up with my builder and have them work out the details on construction. I told them you guys sent me over there. very very excited to move forward and do all this research awesome. already within 2 days you guys have saved me from making many mistakes.

So as far as soundproofing design......check. ted is on it.
post #34 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

if any of you guys are curious here is my current theater. be gentle there are alot of things i would go back and redo. . hey it was my first attempt. at HT. ill be back on later i have to go see some clients. i apologize for the pic quality but my camera phone is the only camera we have in the house. jj

post #35 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraMikeBravo View Post

As big as a screen as the client is talking...yes. 12-18 ftL is the target, and most mainstream projectors are woefully inadequate for that requirement. Also, we do have additional scatterers in that distance. Albeit not much, but it could affect things if there was a lot of dust in the room. I prefer the Runco Lightstyle series myself.

Sorry though you were talking about a more powerful projector being needed due to the throw distance if it was put at the back of the room

A powerful projector for a big AT screen...yes of course...if the OP does the calcs he will quickly see that there are very few budget options available. Mr. OP read this - image brightness targets and calculating foot lamberts from projector lumens. Maybe a BenQ W7000 or an Epson 6020.

Master of Minions, Acoustic Frontiers. We specialize in the design and creation of high performance listening rooms, home theaters and project studios for discerning audio/video enthusiasts.
post #36 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Man. Where were you guys when I started building my theater? I for sure could have used a Loganator Discount.

OP,

I like the 32' length. People always wish they had more room in their projector room, or more room behind their screen wall. I would have liked to have done a baffle wall, but don't have the space. 32' does make 17' wide look narrow, but I think it will open options for you and your actual in room ratios will come out better. It's easy to pull a wall in, super difficult to move it out.

post #37 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
What's wrong with the current theater? I expect mine to look similar when done.
post #38 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by megdagooch View Post

What's wrong with the current theater?
Mostly the acoustics - there is a long list including equipment, setup, and treatment - and the light colored walls. I don't want to distract from the thread's intent, so I'll leave it at that.
megdagooch likes this.
post #39 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

FRED just ripping me !! damn haha jk. I agree there is lots that could be done different i done. natural lighting is a mess and acoustics needs alot of help. so much bass that it rattles the sub floor. anyways i hope to be in the new place in a year. It has been a great first theater for us been after 5 years of living in it you start picking out all kinds of stuff that drives ya crazy. The reason for the white wall is bc originally i was gonna do like the painted screen thing but realized before we started how bad of an idea that was and just never got around to painting. The light placement is not great either

i think the new size is gonna be perfect. to quote my favorite movie.

"Now the next time, everything's correctable. Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless."

anyone ?
post #40 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

That's a good one - I had to google it, but it's nice.

I don't mean to be critical about your old space - everyone does things the way that makes sense at the time. Then hopefully you learn more. smile.gif

(maybe my sense of humor isn't working for the internet today - if so, please understand no offense is intended.)
post #41 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

fred it doesnt bother me at all i understand that it is lacking. people shouldnt be asking questions or posting stuff/pics on here if they didnt want people to critique and give their $.02. i can take what anyone dishes out, I welcome it. I know the theater is very amateur.
post #42 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

fred i was looking through some old post and stuff and noticed your picture of Marios theater and feel in love with it. Then quickly realized i had seen it before and went to my electronic house mag and noticed i had read up on it a few days earlier. I really want to emulate his theater but with some different colors and decorations. Is that a bad thing ? his front stage is spot on what i want ccomplished. I even love the soffits and the ceiling I really really hate to copy someone but its exactly what i had pictured.
post #43 of 44 Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

post #44 of 44 Old 06-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Steal away, we all do to one degree or another. I had tons of threads as inspiration. I'm sure one day when I move I'll be using many ideas for my next one as well.

The MacBeth Theater (flood resilient build)

Play like a Raven

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw70 Projector Replacement Lamp With Housing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page