Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-14-2013, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Greetings from Upstate NY
i have had a dedicated Home Theater ( Manny Theater) since 2000. But now it is 2013 and I am building a house with a dedicated Home Theater right next to Kitchen /Family Room area.
The room is 20' 9" x 15'9" and 10 ' ceilings. The walls are staggered 2 x 4 and insulated , i will be using double 5/8 gypsum with green glue.
The Theater plan shows the millwork screen enclosure and 2 columns on each wall with sconce lights.
The 2' x 1' soffit is being constructed to include LED recessed and projector. This would give me opportunity to light the center tray ceiling with DMX rgb led lights. Back end will be a 6' wide x 7" high riser , which will have 5 Palliser motorized Playback Seats in curved formation and Front row will be 4 Palliser motorized PLayback seats in curved formation.
With the insulated staggered walls with double sheet rock will give me STC rating of 55-60. ,
I am having hardwood floor but will have rugs on the floor, WHAT can i use to damp sound and vibration from the floor to the basement.
Has anyone used Serenity mats as subflooring or any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Equipment:
Denon AVP A1HDCI
Sunfire Cinema Grand and Sunfire Signature Amps
Vonschweikert VR4 with Tower of Power subs
Paradigm Reference SA ADP as sides and rear speakers
Sides would be boxed into the side columns
JVC DILA HD750 with 120" motorized tensioned screen

istlevel-cc.jpg 111k .jpg file
Theater Plan

we will be sheet rocking in a week or so, any ideas /suggestions are more than welcome
with best regards
Manny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg istlevel-cc.jpg (111.5 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm planning to use 3/8" Serenity Mat on my concrete slab floor, with a 1/2" or 5/8" T&G OSB on top of that. Then heavy fiber padding and carpet. There's also a particular type of adhesive you're supposed to use for the mat and OSB, but I need to research that some more.

And that's a slab-on-grade floor. But I believe the same type of treatment is recommended for floors above the theatre. I would call Ted at soundproofingcompany.com on this one.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-15-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmanny View Post

Back end will be a 6' wide x 7" high riser , which will have 5 Palliser motorized Playback Seats in curved formation and Front row will be 4 Palliser motorized PLayback seats in curved formation.

Looking at the riser sizes and the dimensions of those seats, you're cutting it very close... I don't know if folks will be able to move in/out of those seats if the one(s) near the door are extended. Also, those five seats are all against the back wall or in the corners, not idea for surround / bass audio quality. Assuming your front row is your primary seating, you may be fine with that, though...

EDIT: I read the diagram as a 6-1/2' riser, but it's really only 6' deep. I don't think you've got enough space there for the curved arrangement.
Quote:
With the insulated staggered walls with double sheet rock will give me STC rating of 55-60.

Those double doors may negate a lot of the soundproofing... Also, the placement means with the door open it will completely block the path to the riser. You might consider some alternatives.
Quote:
JVC DILA HD750 with 120" motorized tensioned screen

Why the motorized screen in a dedicated theater room? What are all those chairs going to point at when the screen is up? Meaning, is the room going to have some other use that drives that decision?
Quote:
we will be sheet rocking in a week or so, any ideas /suggestions are more than welcome

What wiring did you put in place? Conduit runs for the future? Power to the riser front?

Hope that's helpful, you asked for feedback! biggrin.gif

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page