Forum Jump: 
post #271 of 274 Old Today, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccoleach View Post
the standard variety of velcro could hold my 2x4 panels... the biggest problem was the wall wouldn't hold the velcro. even with the staples, it would rip the paper right off the sheetrock when forces got higher. mines are velcro and friction fit, so that does most of the holding. the velcro is just so it doesn't come loose and fall when i'm jammin out.
Interesting. I haven't had any of the strips so much as even peel away at the corners yet. I've tried pushing down on the panels with force as well as try pulling them away from wall with both hands and I'm not able to get them to budge. Ill see how they hold up over time.

Other permanent options for hanging panels that I considered are z clips and insulation impaling clips.

My First Build Ever in progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 274 Unread Today, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by quamosa View Post
Interesting. I haven't had any of the strips so much as even peel away at the corners yet. I've tried pushing down on the panels with force as well as try pulling them away from wall with both hands and I'm not able to get them to budge. Ill see how they hold up over time.

Other permanent options for hanging panels that I considered are z clips and insulation impaling clips.
It must be my Sheetrock then? The paint holds and the actual paper is peeling on mine. I have to wedge a knife in there to ensure it pulls from the Velcro and not the wall.
post #273 of 274 Unread Today, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by roccoleach View Post
It must be my Sheetrock then? The paint holds and the actual paper is peeling on mine. I have to wedge a knife in there to ensure it pulls from the Velcro and not the wall.
Oh man, that sux. I believe I listed T25 as the staple type. That was wrong. I used T50 staples 3/8". One staple on each side of the velcro strip like this: |[||||[| with [ being the staple and | being the velcro. They are 3/8" inch wide and 3/8" long staples. I used a manual stapler for those. They clamp the velcro into the wall pretty tight. How are you attaching your staples? Maybe the staples make the difference?

My First Build Ever in progress
post #274 of 274 Unread Today, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 39
With a pnumatic gun. I put the two same as you but on on top and one on bottom also. I don't forsee having to peel them off anyway. And the ones I do move, around the screen, hold onto the wood strong enough to hang off of.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ptae8000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page