Renovating Sports bar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thought I would ask her. I own a sports bar that needs a main bar make over. Right now I have four 60" plasma screen mounted over my liquor and glassware. Very cookie cutter. I am looking to change it and add the WOW factor. My thought was I could go spend $10,000 on a new 100" screen and mount it between the four plasmas. I just don't think that gives me the WOW factor the business needs. My thought was (hope I can explain the vision in my head) was to mount 4 plasma on two sliding walls. Both walls would slide open in the evening revealing a 160" screen with the Epson 5200. Has anyone seen something like this done or give me any ideas on a set up like this. Also open to any other ideas that would give me a WOW factor in my sports bar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Nice vision. Providing pics of the room, dimensions will give a better idea. The epson 5200 may not light up a 160" screen very well in ambient lighting or without. What you may need is a high gain 160" along with a used 3chip dlp like the sim2HT5000e or a different business projector model in the epson with higher lumens(if you want to stay in your budget)

I'm sure you will get some great info from the pros here. Also if you want bang for the buck long term with great results it will be good idea to contact Erskine Group as you may already know (PM, Dennis or Shawn on this forum) for the planning and design.
Best of luck on the project
Vik
post #3 of 5 Old 07-18-2013, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks looing forward to hearing some great ideas.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Assuming this is for your business, you may want to spend a couple hundred bucks and have a local pro come out and tell you whats possible, what equipment you would need , what contractors in your area good and will be able to do the work that you want to have done.

http://www.cedia.org/find-a-cedia-professional is a good place to start you may also want to check around if your friendly with local business who they have used in the past, what experiences they have had.

From personal experience the 5020 will not give you enough brightness no matter what screen you have to illuminate at 160" in a brightly lit environment, you're going to have to look at something designed for large venues/ business projection and at that point your better off getting advice from someone who can build a complete solution for you.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
You may get a bunch of decent ideas here, but I would hire someone who does commercia interior design for a living, perhaps starting with a local commercial AV company that could help you find a compatible designer. Hard to find the right combo who work well together.

You could hire both for design, and try to be the GC, but it still might be more money than you want to spend.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Epson Ex5200 Business Projector Xga Resolution 1024x768 V11h368120
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page