Some more photos of the Sony 500ES 4K Projector.
Remember: The photos here are just examples of the quality, brightness (at low lamp mode on a 10 feet wide screen)... the actual image is way, way smoother, better colors, and much nicer overall than these photos.. Some of these photos were taken when 'paused' which somehow makes the image softer and less sharp... also, some were taken while moving, so also may be out of focus.. the actual photos were very, very sharp and focused and full of details.. you can see the tiny hairs on the neck for instance... I would say twice as good as these. (taken with my samsung phone).
1. Sony 500ES 4K Projector.
2. 10 feet wide, 16:9 screen with Centerstage XD material.
3. Blu-Ray 1080p upscaled to 4K by the projector.
1. Some of these photos were taken when paused and that somehow makes the image softer and a bit out of focus. Some were taken while the movie was playing and also seems a little out of focus as well.
2. The actual images were FAR better than these. Much sharper and you can fee far more details.
3. You can see how bright the images were even when in low lamp mode (these were in low lamp). And it's full of pop.
4. Contrast were excellent, Black levels were as good as it's going to get. (I might try out the UF material and see if that can improve the dark levels further.. ).
5. Colors were excellent. I can't believe how good they were.. so much better than my tv or any cinemas i have been to.
6. Something to note, when I was auditioning the CenterStage XD materials with a HD projector, I could see the weave from 10 feet away. When played on this 4K projector, i can go as close as 6-7 feet and it's still silky smooth. Don't ask me why. I think the pixels of the 4K projector has something to do with it... You can see from the photos, most of which were taken from 7 feet away, it's very smooth... no weave at all..