Y.A.C.H.T - Yet Another Crazy HVAC Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 93 Old 11-05-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 44
We need an update! What did you end up doing? And did it work?

I may be looking at a similar intervention in my own room. I won't know for certain if I need to do something until the doors are closed and a few people are in the room but I would appreciate knowing what might work for me. I may be looking at 2 scenarios. My budget is gone so if there is a way I can get by for just this winter then great. Maybe next year I can do something more substantial. My goal is to have the room done by Thanksgiving so I hope to find out just how hot it will get in my room soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 11-05-2013, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I can't say just yet because I haven't yet drywalled the space (though I'm just about to start).

However, now that the room is insulated, its much quieter in the space and I have no problems with the amount of noise I get from the two 6" return ducts. I'm using a Fantech FR-150 with a WC15 speed control running the fan at half speed. It's pulling out a good amount of air and unless I place my ear right next to the ducts I can't hear a thing. Time will tell -- after the room is sealed up real good and I get the real boots in place but I'm feeling good so far smile.gif

I'll update when I know more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal theater build on Kempenfelt Bay, Barrie Ontario Canada
post #93 of 93 Old 11-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I am in Ontario as well. My HVAC guy put one vent that I can manually close and open. My theater is in the basement and is 27x17x7.75

I have no return. He felt it would be fine and after 5 years it was. I only used the vent for cooling and have had very comfortable temps.

Only my projector is in the room as my equipment is in a separate room. With Ontario building codes / insulation / poly etc I have bee fine. I do have in floor heating so perhaps that would be the difference.

BTW. My HVAC guy was the best one in Windsor and no return in my room has worked out. My highest heating bill has been under $300 and my place is 4500 sq ft plus a finished basement. You may be good running no return. I have been

Equipment: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds+Wides+Heights),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page