Tv wall with circuit panel - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-14-2013, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The wall that I'm planning to mount my tv has a circuit panel and after mounting the tv on the wall the panel will be on the top right corner of the tv. This is going to make it hard to hide. I would like to know if anybody had this issue and how the handle this. I attached a sketch so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by amb1s1 View Post

The wall that I'm planning to mount my tv has a circuit panel and after mounting the tv on the wall the panel will be on the top right corner of the tv. This is going to make it hard to hide. I would like to know if anybody had this issue and how the handle this. I attached a sketch so you guys can see what I'm talking about. Thanks

Assuming the TV has to go there and the circuit breaker box has to have access I can only think of one thing you can do. My idea would depend on the size and weight of the TV. I have a LCD mount on a column in my open concept kitchen/dining room/living room. It is full of universal joints, can extend out from the wall a couple of feet, and adjust/swings from side to side. It would work perfectly for your application with the possible exception of the size of the TV and how much weight you are going to put on those universal joints. The mount was around $130 and I got it at Kmart of all places. The TV can fold flat against the wall under normal circumstances and would cover some of that electrical box.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-14-2013, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not actually looking for how do I install the tv. My problem is how to hide the panel. I don't want to see any part of the panel. I was thinking maybe hagin the tv tv a piece of plywood so that plywood would hide the panel.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-15-2013, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
How about a couple acoustic treatment-looking fabric frames, one on each side of the TV, large enough to look like they belong there.

Of course, use an articulating mount, and easily removable fabric frames.

Keep in mind that putting anything in front of that load center is against code.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #5 of 7 Old 08-15-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The obvious answer is to buy a larger TV wink.gif

But seriously, it depends on your wall. If the painted plywood wouldn't look weird, that would be easy. But the acoustic panels are probably going to do a better job of concealing it. smile.gif
post #6 of 7 Old 09-06-2013, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Saw this in another forum today. TV mount on a drawer slide.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #7 of 7 Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page