Is there a "minimalist approach to a false wall" for speakers only? I plan on having the screen flush to wall. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I think the title says it all. I was contemplating building a false wall especially after seeing Big's thread of how it was made with just 2 posts. However, moving the screen 30" closer will have an effect on viewing distance of the front row having to make me move the seats and everything else back 30 inches to accomodate.

I'd like to keep the screen flush to the wall as is now but i still would like to hide the speakers and sub as well as make the screen wall look nice and tidy using fabric frames. Obviously it wouldnt be an AT screen anymore.

Basically my speakers would be to the left and right of the screen. the center would be directly below the screen and the sub on the floor.

Does anyone use or know of a minimalist set up like this where the screen is against the wall but your speakers are hidden in fabric frames? or am i going to have to get crazy building a frame around them?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Yes, BritinVA used that concept quite well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 79
You could also go with in-wall speakers and still use an AT screen. The screen would sit proud of the wall only a few inches. Sub(s) would still be on the floor. These would be perfect.

-

Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
post #4 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Yes, BritinVA used that concept quite well

Thanks for this Big. It looks a little tricky but i may be able to pull it off.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

You could also go with in-wall speakers and still use an AT screen. The screen would sit proud of the wall only a few inches. Sub(s) would still be on the floor. These would be perfect.

This opens up a new avenue to think about. I might look into this when its time to buy new speakers. I'd only have the sub to worry about. Thanks
post #6 of 6 Old 08-19-2013, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
you could build floating walls - basically a simple wood frame wrapped in black fabric - add tracks to the ceiling and rollers on the floating wall - this way you can just slide them back and forth to gain access behind them. not sure how well you can see it in the image - this is my HT from my old house that used the floating walls to block the av gear on one side and the discs on the other.

DSC_0932.jpg

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page