Help Planning Theater - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone,

First, I want to say thank you for all of the ideas, motivation, and information that I have learned lurking here for years. I have finally purchased my first home and I am planning on a theater in the basement. I have great light control and I just finished framing and adding a component closet. Speaker wiring will be done soon with ENT tubing and monoprice speaker wire and plates.

However, I want to run my plan by you folks and get some input. The below image is the wall where the projector screen is planned, the soffit cannot be moved as it is the HVAC trunks and water lines. I have to work with what I have here and hope I can get some input for screen and front speaker placement.

What do you all think will be the best route. I am currently planning on bookshelf speakers for the FL and FR but I would be open to towers as well if you think this would be something better to do. I also have an image of the planned screen placement, the red lines indicate the wall where the closet will be and the opaque white is the screen, sorry this was done in ms paint haha.

Thanks again and I look forward to sharing my progress with you all!
before.jpg 626k .jpg file
WithScreen.jpg 575k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (625.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg WithScreen.jpg (575.4 KB, 9 views)
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page