Mac's Lean Theater in VA - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 11-19-2013, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

The lights are LED lights from home depot: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/203581890?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=203581890&R=203581890#.Uow548SsiSo

I have heard of some issues with how dim the LED can go and also with the shade of the light. I like the shade, and am waiting to put a dimmer to test that out still. 

One thing I didn't post is the inspiration for what I would like the theater to resemble. It is pretty minimal but smooth looking black and tan theater.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100

Based on this I have picked benjamin moore flat matte black for the all the walls and soffit. I would like to pick a carpet next similar to what is in the picture a very dark grey that will match up with the acoustic panels I plan to install. Does anyone have recommendations on carpet places in Northern Virginia? Thanks for your help. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the link, I like those lights, but they are a little pricier than expected. Are they IC rated? I didn't see anything indicating it on Home Depots website. Did you put then in backer boxes or since the soffit is in a soundproofed room no need to do so?

Also, are you going to have a false wall to put your speakers behind the screen?
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page