Soundproof bumpers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can't remember the name of them, but about to install the roxul sound proof insulation, followed by the bumpers you screw the sheet rock into. If anyone knows of install guide an place I can get these, I would appreciate it!

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 02:55 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 607

soundproofingcompany.com sells a variety of the reslient clips that hold the 25ga 7/8 inch furring channel that you buy locally.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-20-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallus2000 View Post

Can't remember the name of them, but about to install the roxul sound proof insulation, followed by the bumpers you screw the sheet rock into. If anyone knows of install guide an place I can get these, I would appreciate it!

Ken

ACS Acoustics in Eugene, Oregon sells product similar to what you are describing..........................but from recollection, the bumper is used between layers of sheet rock and is used instead of GG. The bumpers are also used on studs to sheet rock.

My Build Threads

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page