"The Best Of The Demo Discs Demo Disc" BD9/DVD-DL - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
Dedicated Theater Design & Construction > "The Best Of The Demo Discs Demo Disc" BD9/DVD-DL
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 11:26 AM 10-12-2013

Now there's a match made in heaven: ScubaSteve and superleo. Go for it, guys!



superleo's Avatar superleo 02:18 PM 10-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

I'm pretty sure you'd get enough input that you don't need to have one of your own. wink.gif
Of course, you wouldn't be able to enjoy it much after you produced it. biggrin.gif  

Couldn't even test it.

There is a free 3D player that you/we could use for testing, it uses side by side 3D; active 3D grasses are still needed you want to actually see (pun intended) the results. BTW, don't know if you are aware that TmuxeR has been developed to support 3D, which would make things easier. Can download the latest TmuxeR version at doom9.
nlpearman's Avatar nlpearman 08:50 PM 10-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Now that was really interesting. Thank you. That's what I love about this place: people are always trying/needing to do something someone else would never have considered. Here's what I've found.

First, I would suggest MakeMKV. It's much faster, though you need to process one file at a time (ie, load the index file so it knows what's on the disc, then select one title at a time). The other caveat is that you need to select (if you want it) the high def audio:




Rename the resulting file (since the next one will default to the same name), and just work down the list. A couple don't work (00007 and 00013), for which you'll need to use handbrake. Again, you need to select the high def audio output:




For the video, you'll need to experiment depending on your output device. For me, the default of 20 was horrible; 18 was okay, 15 was great but probably overkill. There are other threads and arguments on that topic. Pick your poison.

I'm not set up for it, but I couldn't get iTunes to read the mkv files, so you might want to check that before you go through the rest of the trouble.
And, by all means, let us know!
Michael

I'm trying to handbrake this for my Apple TV2 and I think I'm missing some steps here. Does MakeMKV turn the clips into one file that HB can handle? How exactly do I handle clips 00007 and 00013 that don't work?

Thanks in advance.
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 09:02 PM 10-13-2013

Just put each file individually into handbrake.

The other poster wanted mkv files specifically. You can get AppleTV files from the m2ts files directly.


nlpearman's Avatar nlpearman 09:11 PM 10-13-2013
Oh ok - so there's no way to get this as one file with different chapters for each clip for my Apple TV?
PCMusicGuy's Avatar PCMusicGuy 10:28 PM 10-13-2013
Downloading now. I'll seed for a little while too.
DGF's Avatar DGF 09:40 AM 10-16-2013
Downloaded (and seeded) over the weekend - followed SherazNJ's simple instructions to create the files/folders on a USB memory stick - stuck the stick in my PS3, fired everything up and it worked perfectly first time! A huge thanks to all involved in putting this together! I've dinked around with ways to show off my HT over a period of several years, but I can now leave the tiny USB stick permanently in one of the 4 PS3 USB slots and have instant access to the great content. I love it!

Thanks again for all of your efforts - it's what makes AVS such a great place!
deids's Avatar deids 09:59 AM 10-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGF View Post

Downloaded (and seeded) over the weekend - followed SherazNJ's simple instructions to create the files/folders on a USB memory stick - stuck the stick in my PS3, fired everything up and it worked perfectly first time! A huge thanks to all involved in putting this together! I've dinked around with ways to show off my HT over a period of several years, but I can now leave the tiny USB stick permanently in one of the 4 PS3 USB slots and have instant access to the great content. I love it!

Thanks again for all of your efforts - it's what makes AVS such a great place!

Yes. People here are really awesome! Thanks AVS.
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 11:11 AM 10-16-2013

:D

Our pleasure.


DGF's Avatar DGF 11:31 AM 10-16-2013
It just dawned on me that having the content loaded on to a USB memory stick would make a great present for some of my more HT-oriented friends.
ed3120's Avatar ed3120 02:48 PM 10-16-2013
I burned this disc using ImageBurn as a UDF 2.5 disc, but I'm having a lot of problems playing this on my PS3. Most of the videos start, but then the sound goes silent in the middle of some of them. Has anyone else had this problem?
deids's Avatar deids 03:22 PM 10-16-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 View Post

I burned this disc using ImageBurn as a UDF 2.5 disc, but I'm having a lot of problems playing this on my PS3. Most of the videos start, but then the sound goes silent in the middle of some of them. Has anyone else had this problem?


I have a similar problem when I run the downloaded content from my laptop.
But I am assuming that when i burn this onto the DVD, it might work fine.
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 04:09 PM 10-16-2013

See any of the eight million references to MultiAVCHD.

http://multiavchd.deanbg.com/


SherazNJ's Avatar SherazNJ 07:25 AM 10-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed3120 View Post

I burned this disc using ImageBurn as a UDF 2.5 disc, but I'm having a lot of problems playing this on my PS3. Most of the videos start, but then the sound goes silent in the middle of some of them. Has anyone else had this problem?

I had similar issues. I then used USB and it worked fine. Here are the steps I defined in the post. Try doing same with dvd and see if it works ( I haven't though) but it definitely works with USB.
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl/60#post_23828295
DAlba's Avatar DAlba 06:24 PM 10-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

Are you certain of that? I have been using AVCHD on external USB HDD for years and have never heard of this shortcut. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist though! I added the BD50s (Reference Disc 1 & 2) to multiAVCHD and "re-authored" and it worked perfectly that way for both. MultiAVCHD threw an error when I tried to make a AVCHD compatible project for the "Best of" when I tried to add the files/folder.

Sorry for double post, but I am unable to edit the previous post and append this information to it.


I am having the same problem. I converted about 5 other demo disks with MultiAVCHD to play on my Oppo through network hard drive and it worked flawlessly but the Best Of disk gives me an error in MultiAVCHD.
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 06:35 PM 10-20-2013

Perhaps the error message here or on the MultiAVCHD support page might mean something to someone.


DAlba's Avatar DAlba 10:24 PM 10-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Perhaps the error message here or on the MultiAVCHD support page might mean something to someone.

I have attached some pictures of what happens. When I select to import all the file it wants to create ends up being over 60GB.




LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 07:23 AM 10-25-2013

I'm surprised (and sorry) no one's jumped in. I don't use multiAVCHD, but my understanding is that that is a bug, not an error. Ignore it, make sure you've selected PS3 format, and let it run.

And keep us posted.

Michael


buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 07:34 AM 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlba View Post

I have attached some pictures of what happens. When I select to import all the file it wants to create ends up being over 60GB.

Same here. Something is set up wrong in multiAVCHD but I have yet to figure it out.

The BDMV file burned on a 25GB BD looks very good - but..... mad.gif
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 08:05 AM 10-25-2013
superleo's Avatar superleo 08:29 AM 10-25-2013
I'm just checking back and saw the questions about MultiAVCHD.

In order to reauthor the disc so it will play from a thumb-drive / external drive for the PS3 you drag/drop the entire BDMV folder into MultiAVCHD. Then it will let you know you reauthoring a dicc, just say Ok. Let it process the files, when its done processing chose the "Sony PS3" button. I believe the calculated space to be process is an incorrect number, you should need, if anything, just a little more space than the size of the disc being processed.

After it finishes processing the files the new reauthor disc is under the MultiAVCHD folder. It created a new folder BDRA. You copy this folder to the external drive. Once copied renamed the BDRA to AVCHD.
buzzard767's Avatar buzzard767 08:42 AM 10-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I'm just checking back and saw the questions about MultiAVCHD.

In order to reauthor the disc so it will play from a thumb-drive / external drive for the PS3 you drag/drop the entire BDMV folder into MultiAVCHD. Then it will let you know you reauthoring a dicc, just say Ok. Let it process the files, when its done processing chose the "Sony PS3" button. I believe the calculated space to be process is an incorrect number, you should need, if anything, just a little more space than the size of the disc being processed.

After it finishes processing the files the new reauthor disc is under the MultiAVCHD folder. It created a new folder BDRA. You copy this folder to the external drive. Once copied renamed the BDRA to AVCHD.

I selected AVSHD instead of PS3. The program chugs along for an hour or more and then crashes.
bdixon1's Avatar bdixon1 01:11 PM 10-28-2013
I burned from the file provided, i did not convert to AVSHD.

It skips in my Samsung BD P1600 to the point its not watchable. Is it time for me to buy a new blu ray player or is something else wrong?
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 01:59 PM 10-28-2013

According to this list, it should play:

post #1


bdixon1's Avatar bdixon1 02:25 PM 10-28-2013
I did NOT convert it using AVSHD
Anks329's Avatar Anks329 06:37 PM 11-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherazNJ View Post

I tested AVCHDMe and was successfully able to play thru USB. Steps are very simple
1 - Create a folder named AVCHD.
2 - Copy BDMV and Certificate folder into AVCHD
3 - Run AVCHD.
4 - Click on Browse button and select BDMV button.
5 - AVCHDMe will show 3 points and they all should have correct mark. If any of them has a cross mark then its not in right format. Click on Fix it button and it will fix it.
6 - Copy AVCHD folder to USB.

Enjoy the movie.

Now one thing I wand to do is to have multiple movies on usb. My usb is 35 GB and I want to copy more. Does anyone know if I can copy multiple movies on USB?

th.

I'm assuming the USB needs to be FAT formatted and not NTFS.
SherazNJ's Avatar SherazNJ 08:39 PM 11-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anks329 View Post

I'm assuming the USB needs to be FAT formatted and not NTFS.
That's correct
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 01:54 PM 11-27-2013

I just need to seed to one more person and I've crossed 100GB.

:D

Thank you, everyone, for your interest.

Michael


superleo's Avatar superleo 02:01 PM 11-27-2013
Congratulations on a very useful disc!!! biggrin.gif
LastButNotLeast's Avatar LastButNotLeast 02:11 PM 11-27-2013

Couldn't have done it without you, Leo.

Thanks!


First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop