AVS Forum banner

"The Best Of The Demo Discs Demo Disc" BD9/DVD-DL

41K views 272 replies 72 participants last post by  HurricaneDitka 
#1 ·

LastButNotLeast and superleo present a BD9 (a DVD-DL that can be read by most BD players) that is a compilation of selections from AVS BD demo discs that were chosen by AVS members as being the "best of" those discs.

In other words, here is about 35 minutes of material that will demonstrate/test your audio-video system to the max. 

The selections, conveniently listed on a downloadable BD case cover:

The torrent is not compressed in any way, so it will download as a standard BD folder and should burn to a DVD-DL directly.

Excellent directions, including modifications that may be necessary for playback on a PS3, are available here:

post #2

The zipped torrent file is:

Best of Disc.torrent.zip 22k .zip file

Download that file, unzip it, and open the resultant file with uTorrent or the downloader of your choice.

And please, as a courtesy to others, continue to seed. 

Leo was also kind enough to make a disc label:

and fan art:

My sincere thanks to superleo for all his hard work with Scenarist. To him goes the credit for the excellent menu system and graphics. I'll accept most of the blame for anything that doesn't work. 

Enjoy.

Michael

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Update:
A listing of files by title and the associated m2ts file, provided by nube:
00002.m2ts = Art of Flight - Alaska
00003.m2ts = Black Hawk Down - Irene
00004.m2ts = Dolby Intro - Spheres
00005.m2ts = Flight of the Phoenix - Landing
00006.m2ts = Iron Man - Jericho
00007.m2ts = Looper - Farmhouse
00008.m2ts = Return of the King - Pelennor Fields
00009.m2ts = Master and Commander - Battle
00010.m2ts = Finding Nemo - Darla
00011.m2ts = Snow White & The Huntsman - Castle
00012.m2ts = THX Intro - Amazing Life
00013.m2ts = War of the Worlds - Pods
00014.m2ts = Super 8 - Production Value
00015.m2ts = Thor - Ice Monster

For those familiar with newsgroups, caper_1 has provided the following files, with my sincere thanks:

BestOfRefDisc_NZB_TestedOK.zip 167k .zip file
BestofRefDisc_NFO.zip 1k .zip file

"Download, un-Zip, and double click NZB to launch your newsreader client. If you have no idea what this file is, use the alternative "torrent" download method (or you can google "how to use newsgroups with newbin files" or the like.) It is not something you will learn in half an hour and usually a paid subscription is required anyway."

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23767030

I am fairly computer illiterate... Would someone be willing to burn a disc for me for a small fee? I can pm you my info. Thanks!

It is not that complicated really. You should give it a try. The disc is design to fit into a DVD DL disc, so you could go to Radio Shack, Best Buy, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, etc and just buy some DVD DL discs.

Follow the instructions from the link at the top of the thread... if you have questions just ask them here.

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by avse  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23767070

Please i need a single clips for plaing from usb, thanks.

Download the disc, once you complete the download all the clips are under the STREAMS folder. You can copy and/or rename those to wherever you need them.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmrls  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23767705

This might be a dumb question, but here it is. I usually burn image files and not files like this. What is the best way to burn this? As a data disk with nero??

No dumb question, if you are wondering I'm sure there are others wondering the same thing.

This is NOT a data disc, it is a video disc. If you are using Nero make sure that the UDF is 2.5. I haven't use Nero for burning in the longest time so I couldn't help you more than that. You could try Imgeburn, it's free and we know for sure it works.

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23767827

You could try Imgeburn, it's free and we know for sure it works.
http://www.imgburn.com/

Just make sure you scroll down to the "News" section for the download link; lots of the other "click here" arrows are junk.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23767877

http://www.imgburn.com/

Just make sure you scroll down to the "News" section for the download link; lots of the other "click here" arrows are junk.

I've used image burn before for images but not these type of files. Tried to burn it with imageburn and ended up with a coaster...just what I wanted to avoid. I guess I will have to goole it to find a step by step, to avoid anymore wasted disk. After burning I received the dreaded Cannot play back this disk error.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmrls  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23768034

I've used image burn before for images but not these type of files. Tried to burn it with imageburn and ended up with a coaster...just what I wanted to avoid. I guess I will have to goole it to find a step by step, to avoid anymore wasted disk. After burning I received the dreaded Cannot play back this disk error.
Hence the link in the first post:

post #2

UDF 2.5 is the most important setting.

I guess I shouldn't keep promoting rewritables, but there's a reason.

Good luck.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmrls  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23768188

Your the man! Thanks LastButNotLeast, that is just what I was looking for!
That's why it's in the first post. 

And Leo get's the credit - the link is to HIS thread. 

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtprkr  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23768801

I have a question from another unexpierenced computer guy... Can I download the

file and use handbrake with MKV to be put it into my iTunes and play it through my

appleTv??? Or maybe I could pay someone to burn a copy for me.
Now that was really interesting. Thank you. That's what I love about this place: people are always trying/needing to do something someone else would never have considered. Here's what I've found.

First, I would suggest MakeMKV. It's much faster, though you need to process one file at a time (ie, load the index file so it knows what's on the disc, then select one title at a time). The other caveat is that you need to select (if you want it) the high def audio:

Rename the resulting file (since the next one will default to the same name), and just work down the list. A couple don't work (00007 and 00013), for which you'll need to use handbrake. Again, you need to select the high def audio output:

For the video, you'll need to experiment depending on your output device. For me, the default of 20 was horrible; 18 was okay, 15 was great but probably overkill. There are other threads and arguments on that topic. Pick your poison.

I'm not set up for it, but I couldn't get iTunes to read the mkv files, so you might want to check that before you go through the rest of the trouble.

And, by all means, let us know!

Michael

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by avse  /t/1491761/the-best-of-the-demo-discs-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl#post_23769163

I'm tried copy single file from stream folder to usb and after copy I'm renamed .m2ts to .mkv and it's worked.

Great disc, thank you
I don't understand the point of renaming it, but, since it worked, congratulations. 

You're welcome.

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.