Help Me Sell My Screen? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-29-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 296
OK...so my story is probably a familiar one. My HT v1 was a bit ill-conceived, and as such...never got much use. It sat dormant...I sold off some gear; but kept others, because I was convinced a v2 was imminent. Well...1 year turned to 2, and so on; and I think it's time to face the music. My wife and I are seriously contemplating a move...and I think v2 is going to have to happen at the next house. But that's likely cross-country, and I don't want to drag a ton of stuff that distance.

So...how do I go about selling, what is...in some ways...a practically new screen? Here are specifically my questions:

- The screen has sat...off the wall...for some time now. I've been careful...though the HT has started to accumulate some junk; not to mar it in any way. But I assume it's collected some dust, and such. Should I attempt cleaning it...and if so, how do you go about that? Or...should I just disclose that, and leave it to the potential buyer? Certainly the last thing I want to do, is damage it in any way.

- Two...I don't have the original box. Does that pretty much preclude me to a local sale? I guess what I'm asking is...is there, realistically, any way to box this back up; to ship to an interested party? I thought about Craigslist or something; but I live in a pretty rural area. I don't imagine there's too much HT action...lol. OTOH...I didn't think about this; but I can meet someone for a pick-up...which brings Baltimore, DC, Northern Virginia, Philly into the mix (I'm on the Eastern Shore of MD). So...things aren't as dire as I might have thought.

- Which brings me to my last question for now (oh, well two). Given these circumstances...what's the best place to list? Here, Audiogon, eBay; all of the above? lol

BTW...it's a Carada Precision 96" fixed 2.35:1 in Brilliant White. It's like $640 new; what should I expect to get for it? Thanks for any help.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-30-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Well you have 8k posts, so not a noob by any means.

Used I'd guess 50% max MSRP.
List it here and other places, it's all about supply and demand, someone wanting it when you list it.

I'm sure there are rules here using normal forum thread to sell items, so ask the mid to move or delete this thread shortly.
Classified thread area is where thus belongs....

Sent from my 32GB iPhone4 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 09-30-2013, 03:43 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 570
$300 Craigs List. It is kind of small for a 2.35 so there will be a limited market. perfect for a bedroom conversion single row space.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page