White Oaks Cinema House and Theater Build - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 98 Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 3,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Rumor has it you were thinking of using 16.......yes, 16 UXL's? eek.gifeek.gif

I've heard a pair of LMS-U's in a 10,000 cf shop and that was impressive!!

With the UXL close to LMS-U's across frequency spectrum.........and your room being above your garage............well, can you apply for earthquake insurance in Alabama? biggrin.gif

I would presume 16 -18" UM's or SI's on the agenda?

A) where do you put them all?
B) You will need to attach to Bonneville Dam power grid!!!! cool.gif
doublewing11 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 98 Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
auburnu008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

Rumor has it you were thinking of using 16.......yes, 16 UXL's? eek.gifeek.gif

I've heard a pair of LMS-U's in a 10,000 cf shop and that was impressive!!

With the UXL close to LMS-U's across frequency spectrum.........and your room being above your garage............well, can you apply for earthquake insurance in Alabama? biggrin.gif

I would presume 16 -18" UM's or SI's on the agenda?

A) where do you put them all?
B) You will need to attach to Bonneville Dam power grid!!!! cool.gif

I was going to go with the UXL's if I could get them at the right price. The group buy price was great but I would like to keep the subs under $6,000. It looks like it is back to plan "A" and the SI's or Ultimax 18" depending on how the numbers come in once they are tested.

I plan on powering them with 4 IPR 7500's. I have 8 dedicated 20 amp circuits just for the 3 racks. I have another 4 15 amp circuits for the 4 panel boxes in the picture above. I had the electrician put a sub-panel just for the theater in the equipment closet. Power shouldn't be an issue smile.gif.

All of the subs are going behind the AT front stage. I plan on doing 4 sealed "towers" (tower - left - tower - center - tower - right - tower) at 96"H x 24"W x 3" D each.

I got a ton of work done over the past 4 days. The holiday break from work came at a perfect time. I worked from 8:00 AM until about 7:00 PM all four days. It gets dark here about 5:00 so I had to break out the spotlights to finish up.

I am headed to Vegas and the BCS game Thursday. Once I get back I am going to run all the wire. I have all the conduit run and everything ready to go. Now the easy part is just running the wire biggrin.gif

I plan on posting lots of pictures once all the wire is run. I am really glad I did it myself instead of having the electrician do it. It was fun and I learned a lot in the process.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

War Eagle!
auburnu008 is offline  
post #93 of 98 Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Clarence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern Virginia Projector: G90 CRT
Posts: 8,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post

I am headed to... the BCS game Thursday.

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

My wife and I have airfare and hotel and almost got tickets, but we went to the 2010 BCS game and told ourselves that it was a once-in-a-lifetime event. Never expected to be there again this year, especially after last season.

Cheer a little louder since we can't be there!

W'egl, w'egl, WDE!

-Clarence (AU CPE '89)
Clarence is offline  
post #94 of 98 Old 01-01-2014, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
auburnu008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence View Post

My wife and I have airfare and hotel and almost got tickets, but we went to the 2010 BCS game and told ourselves that it was a once-in-a-lifetime event. Never expected to be there again this year, especially after last season.

Cheer a little louder since we can't be there!

W'egl, w'egl, WDE!

-Clarence (AU CPE '89)

War Damn Eagle Clarence! You know that is the exact same thing I said to my wife in 2010 (once in a lifetime event). I told her it might be 50 years before we have the chance again so we better get to booking. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I still can't believe we are playing for it all again just 3 years later. Next year should be a good one too.

War Eagle!
auburnu008 is offline  
post #95 of 98 Old 01-01-2014, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 3,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post

War Damn Eagle Clarence! You know that is the exact same thing I said to my wife in 2010 (once in a lifetime event). I told her it might be 50 years before we have the chance again so we better get to booking. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I still can't believe we are playing for it all again just 3 years later. Next year should be a good one too.


Guys.....Guys......Guys!!!

You know your program has hit the pinnacle of college football when expectations are every year to be in the BCS National Championship game....................guess that's the life of a "Trojan!"

Evidently Auburn is still working towards those expectations! tongue.gif

Good luck and have fun........biggrin.gif

"Fight on!" V
doublewing11 is offline  
post #96 of 98 Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
auburnu008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Auburn, AL
Posts: 843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It has been a while since the last update. I finally got the wiring done. It was a lot of work and I am glad to have it over with. Here are some update pictures of the house, theater and equipment room I took today.















War Eagle!
auburnu008 is offline  
post #97 of 98 Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 3,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Wow......great progress!

Tough loss! Never thought you'd take it so hard! biggrin.gif
doublewing11 is offline  
post #98 of 98 Old 02-17-2014, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jimim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NEPA
Posts: 1,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ur build looks great! I just found it. I hear ya about the right tools. I have been buying stuff like crazy with finishing my basement now. It makes life much easier. When I built my home I just used my dad's buddies stuff since everything was up there when they were working but I should have started buying then to make it cheaper! Good luck with everything! I'll be watching.
jimim is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off