Projector Display & TV Displays - Edge of Image Cropped - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-02-2013, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

We have a PC in our church with an NVIDIA Geoforce GT630 graphics card. We take two signals from it - the main display (HDMI) to the PC monitor in our PA area and a VGA signal which goes to converter and splitter boxes. Converts the signal to S-Video for the main church projector and also sends a signal to two LCD TV screens. The problem I have is that on both the projected screen and the two TV screens I an losing the edges of the any pc image (looks normal on PC monitor), so if we don't leave a border we losee the first letter or so of sentences on the images that the congregation can see. Have played around in NVIDIA Control Center without success.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
The resolution of a standard (non-HD) television and I would assume your projector if it is fed via S video, is different than the resolution of a PC monitor. On some graphic cards you can independantly change the output resolution to fit the monitors native resolution. I am guessing that is your issue. If that card doesn't allow for resolution changes, I would buy a secondary card for the TVs/projector and run it's settings specifically for those devices.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10

Thanks for the feedback. We have now managed to solve this - we found an underscan/overscan switch on the signal converter black box, turned it to underscan and it worked!

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page